- Comments (6)
Most folks have no idea how many calories they’re downing when they fill their holiday plates. Now, we’d never suggest you go without, but you can still eat wisely while you eat well. Use that chart above to keep your choices in perspective. Enjoy a little bit of everything, and you can shave hundreds of excess calories off your meal!
- Save calories by trading these for the usual classics:
- Mashed Potatoes: Smashed Potatoes with Sour Cream and Chives – 270 calories saved (per serving)
- Green Bean Casserole: Slimmed Green Bean Casserole – 338 calories saved
- Sweet Potato Casserole: Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes – 293 calories saved
- Creamy Soups: Butternut Squash Soup – 81-181 calories saved
- Apple Pie: Apple Cranberry Galette – 260 calories saved
- Pumpkin Pie: Slimmed Pumpkin Pie – 108 calories saved
The old butter verses margarine controversy is back in the spotlight. With many folks favoring wholesome, natural foods, margarine has now taken a backseat to butter. But can this full fat delight be part of a healthy diet?