Spotlight Recipes: More Quick & Easy Breakfasts

by in Healthy Recipes, September 28, 2009

English Muffin Breakfast Pizza
One out of every four people ditches breakfast each morning, and many folks who do eat it turn to less-healthy options for a quick fix. Forgo the fruit-filled pastry, and have some fiber-rich carbs, fresh fruit, lean protein or veggies instead. If you’re always starving by lunch time, up the amount of fiber in your morning meal; this will help keep you full.

The Many, Many Ways to Go Zucchini Crazy

Ready to get your zucchini on? Here are seven inventive ways to cook it up now. Grilled Zucchini Rolls with Herbs and Cheese Attention, goat cheese fans! Here, the creamy spread, plus parsley and lemon juice, is topped with spinach and basil leaves before being rolled up in slices of grilled zucchini. Zucchini Parmesan CrispsRead more

1. @fluteanjel says:

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day – love these great ideas!

2. k shelton says:

the nutritional info would have been helpful. The breakfast pizza was the only one i seen with it :( definately will try some of these :)

3. Corinne says:

Thanks so much for the ideas. Always like Ellie Kreiger's recipes.

4. Karen says:

You can also whisk 5-6 eggs (or the equivalent amount of egg substitute) and then add your favorite low-fat cheese, chopped veggies, and/or any meat you prefer (i.e. low sodium, low fat turkey ham, sausage, or even Boca crumbles.) Then pour the mixture into the cups of a mini muffin pan (spray w/cooking spray first) and bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees to make your own mini breakfast bites. I can't take credit for that one: the recipe idea came from someone called (appropriately enough) eggface. Google her moniker and you'll find her blog, The World According to Eggface. Look for the "bites" recipes.

5. Velvet Hammer says:

to k shelton: The nutritional info IS at the bottom of the recipe for the Breakfast Pizza when you click on the recipe…Try again.

6. Mike Lexington says:

to velvet hammer: if you take your time and read k sheltons post again, she says she 'seen' the nutritional info on the breakfast pizza recipe. but i'm sure she appreciates your 'helpfulness'

7. Hi…
    Thank you for the nice recipe. I would love the Vanilla spice Oatmeal. I am having a small party at my farmhouse this weekend. I was wondering about something special to serve my friends with. This one would be a nice treat for all my friends. I will try this and tell you.

8. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also.Keep working ,great job!

9. Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

10. EIyK says:

148939 836524hello, your website is really good. We do appreciate your give good results 178391