Dana's Healthy & Fast Snack Ideas

by in Healthy Recipes, March 4, 2009

We have a superstar in our midst! Dana — as in Dana Angelo White, one of our resident experts — stars in a new series of videos on Foodnetwork.com. In them, she shares prep tips and healthy tidbits about a few of her favorite quick snacks. Her green herb hummus is on my to-try list for the weekend. And what a lovely kitchen!

Check her out >>

7 Side Dishes Starring Fall Produce

Yeah, you could be sad that summer is on it way out. But you could also be happy that fall is on its way — and brimming with tasty options. Bra...

1. Judy Johnson says:

I just made the Green Herb Hummus and it was Fantastic! I didn’t use the dill, not a huge fan of it., but it was still great. You are right the tahini is delicious. Do you have any recipies that I can use the tahini in. I would like to try it with something else also. Thanks.

2. Dana White says:

Hi Judy –
    So glad you liked the hummus! I also like to put tahini in salad dressings. Here’s a recipes for a Yogurt-Tahini Dressing. You can also try whisking some into this vinaigrette

3. Greta says:

You looked like such a natural in your videos Dana! When can we expect more delicious video recipes?

4. Brent says:

The homemade granola bars are a great energy booster before I run, and they are really delicious. I had to individually wrap each so that I wouldn’t keep eating them. They taste great with walnuts and almonds, too.

5. Krikri says:

I checked out Dana’s recipe at Food Network. Great meal with cayenne pepper and parsley leaves. If any meal has these I like them cos I like Mexican dishes. I see some exotic ingredient there – tahini. But overall, the recipe is easy to do – just one line of cooking instructions.

6. nina says:

for your peanut butter bar i couldnt really wright down the ingredients fast enough because im a slow writer and i couldnt find the recipe for it only the video so can you help me out and write down the recipe and send it to me or something my e-mail is ninatorrez2@comcast.net thanks!

7. Greta says:

My mom is definately not one to try new recipies, and especially to get them right! But she just had to try Dana’s peanut butter oatmeal bar recipe, and they actually came out good and delicious!! Congrats Dana for making my mom a better cook/baker, that’s an accomplishment to be proud of!

8. sanatate says:

The Green Herb Hummus is great.

9. Looks like i have to recommend this site to my wife, because she is kind a rare to try something new,,example new recipe..She always cooked the same recipe everyday..But, not everyday..But always like that..now i start to bored her meal.

Tonight I'll recommend Dana White site to my lovely wife but of course with Dana permission.

Thank you Dana!