Spotlight Recipe: Mediterranean Tuna Wrap

by in Healthy Recipes, January 19, 2009

Mediterranean Tuna Wrap
Fruity kalamata olives and olive oil give this tuna tons of flavor (you won’t miss the mayo). Parsley and lemon juice add the perfect amount of freshness. Better still, it’s made with chunk light tuna, which is low in mercury.

Get the recipe>>

7 Side Dishes Starring Fall Produce

Yeah, you could be sad that summer is on it way out. But you could also be happy that fall is on its way — and brimming with tasty options. Bra...

1. Linda Calderon says:

Looks great and healthy!

2. Marie Buss says:

I am a member of Weight Watchers and have lost over 50 lbs. This looks like a great recipe however it is high in fat and sodium. Thanks you for printing the food values with your recipes because it is a great help when one is tryig to loose weight. Marie Buss

3. Dana White says:

Hi Marie – congratulations on your success. The fat in this recipe comes from heart healthy sources (tuna and olive oil) and of course, it fits within our nutrition guidelines. Click “healthy guidelines” in the About Healthy Eats section for the details. To reduce the sodium, there are some great low sodium and no salt added varieties of tuna available at your grocery store.

4. Sunny Gwaltney says:

Sounds good but,all that fat. I eat fewer than 10 fat graam a day. What about an alternative to all those olives and olive oil.

5. Michelle says:

Sunny-
    I wouldn’t worry about the fat too much. In fact, if you are truly only consuming 10 grams of fat or less a day, you may not be able to absorb certain vitamins- A, D, E, K. We need at least 15-25 grams of fat for our body to absorb those fat soluble vitamins.

6. Zack says:

Hi Sunny,
    I noticed your comment on the tuna recipe and your concerns about the healthy fat levels. I like to mix tuna with some dijon mustard and some local honey. I load it into a wrap with tons of veggies. This is one of my favorite simple tuna recipes for lunch during the week. Give it a try, and i hope you love it as much as I do!

7. Denise says:

Another idea for tuna salad; use some nonfat yogurt, a dab of zesty mustard, a little lemon juice, and some sweet pickle relish. It’s lowfat and you won’t miss oil or mayonnaise!

8. LINDA says:

I love Greek tuna salad. I use the same ingredients but I buy tuna packed in olive oil, so I don’t have to add any extra oil. Very tasty!

9. Rotterdam says:

Thanks for all your valuable labor on this web page. Ellie loves going through research and it’s simple to grasp why. I notice all relating to the dynamic mode you convey effective things via the blog and as well boost response from visitors on the concept plus our daughter is in fact understanding so much. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the new year. You’re the one doing a first class job.Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!