Thank you for all your submitted questions (both the rants and the raves are appreciated)! Comments are now CLOSED for this week’s “Ask Susie” Episode 2. Click on the links below to watch Susie’s Answers to your questions.
Tag: Next Food Network Star
Want to know what Susie is really thinking about The Next Food Network Star finalists? Now you can ask her!
Thank you for all your submitted questions! Comments are now CLOSED for this week’s “Ask Susie” Episode 1. To watch Susie’s Answers, click on the below links.
No need to crane your neck, I did that for ya. While walking to work this morning, I spotted the 22’W x 30’H billboard featuring The Next Food Network Star right next to our Food Network offices in Chelsea Market. After initially shaking off the fact that I was not invited to the photo shoot (throat clear), I dug deep and found some (perhaps a bit scandoulous) photos that didn’t make it into the final cut, as well as a few great tid-bits on how the billboard came to be…
To amp up the energy, the photographer split the finalists up into boys only and girls only, with either set egging on the other. They had Beyonce and Lady Gaga blasting in the background, which got all the finalists dancing and playing. Here are some of my favorite cutting room floor shots that didn’t get used:
Just 4 days remain until the premiere of The Next Food Nextwork Star. We’ve been sending out all 10 finalists to foodie events and festivals around the country to stir up excitement about the chefs and the show. Here on The FN Dish, we’re giving the finalists their own platform to rant and rave about all the adventures along the road! Last week was Teddy Folkman’s turn….. now, hear from Brett August:
“Last Monday was my first live cooking event I have done since becoming a finalist on The Next Food Network Star. I wasn’t sure how the audience would react, with the show not having aired yet…
11 days remain until the premiere of The Next Food Nextwork Star. Our marketing and PR teams have been sending out all 10 finalists to foodie events and festivals around the country to stir up excitement about the chefs and the show. Here on The FN Dish, we’re giving the finalists their own platform to rant and rave about all the adventures along the road! First up…… finalist, Teddy Folkman:
This last weekend, I headed out to the annual two day event “Brew at the Zoo” at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore, where I was going to be meeting the guests and talking about being 1 of 10 finalists in the upcoming season of The Next Food Network Star. I’d also be demoing my specialty – Mussels and Fries. I was really excited to be part of this particular event… beer, food, music and later on I’d run into giraffes kissing and polar bears in heat… the typical weekend of a Next Food Network Star finalist – this is so cool.
We all know that The Next Food Network Star judge Susie Fogelson always dresses for success —click above for a peek into where she gets her threads and jewelry for this upcoming season of NFNS. And be sure to keep watching, because after Susie’s video, you’ll get a tour of the house where all the finalists shack up.
Things are busy buzzing in our studios!
We are using all areas of Food Network (Studio A, Studio B, and green rooms) for the preparation of The Next Food Network Star FINALE shoot, happening tomorrow (sorry, I can’t give you ANYmore information than that)… Well, if you’re interested, I am waiting to hear if the director needs two more cameras and extra drapes (exciting, right?!).
The picture above shows you a peek at the finale set construction – I can tell you that the finale will be, by far, the most shimmering, dazzling finale of Next Food Network Star yet! Let’s just say, I keep waiting for Fosse to stroll on stage.
Kendra, Operation Foodie
By now, you must have all seen the new Next Food Network Star (NFNS), Season 5 promo running – if not, take a minute to get caught up:
- 6:20a – Arrive at Chelsea Market to assist making sure that the crew gets in and set up. The market is actually quiet. The production company, Mrs.K, starts setting up.
- 7:30a – The first four contestants, Teddy, Jen, Katie, and Michael arrive.
- 8:00- 10:00a – Separate and label the clothes for the contestants. Go through shirts with Michael, contestant, finally, decide on a shirt. Make sure that the contestants are in the right outfit at the right time, in the right place, throughout the day. Walkie talkie starts to weigh down whole body.
Well, my lovely department, Creative Services, oversaw the entire shoot (video and photo) for the ENTIRE promotional campaign of NFNS 5.
So, for all you Next Food Network Star junkies out there, impatiently counting down to June 7th, here is a play by play of the shoot day (from a secret inside source) to tide you over!:
All the connecting I’ve been doing with old friends via facebook (shhh….really should be working) got me thinking…what the heck is going on with some of the alums of Next Food Network Star? After doing a little digging and investigating, here is what I’ve uncovered:
1. JAG (Joshua Adam Garcia), Season 3 - Still spicing things up with Latino cusine, Jag is heading up the kitchen at the new Tampa restaurant, Posh 27. Word is the restaurant/night club will open this summer and will be sizzling.
2. Kelsey Nixon, Season 4 – The perky Ms. Nixon is sure to be around somewhere, but I can’t spill the beans yet. All that I can say is that you should keep checking in on the Food2 website.
3. Reggie Southerland, Season 2 – The charming, Reggie recently appeared in an episode of Sandra Lee’s Semi-Homemade, and you’ll also see some of his original recipes designed especially for one of my favorite kitchen gadgets – the micoplane!
4. Hans Rueffert, Season 1 – Hans just published his first book, “Eat Like There’s No Tomorrow” (I love this title)– reserve your copy now on Amazon
5. Nathan Lyon, Season 2 – Nathan landed the role as “Food Expert” on the new TLC show, Real Simple Real Life. (OMW – Would I love my very own FE in my amateur kitchen!)
So, there you have it….dear readers. See, you don’t have to be a Star of NFNS, to have one find you. If you are still curious about your favorite NFNS past contestant, no fear! A little birdie has also told me to stay tuned for “Where are they now” videos launching on FoodNetwork.com May 1st. And of course, we’ll all meet an entire new batch of contestants when the season five premieres on June 9th!
What NFNS tid bits are you curious about? Let me know.
Oh and by the way, if you are on Facebook….join the Food Network Group. I just joined, uh, this afternoon…
Till next time, here’s to keeping it hot!
I thought I could trick you guys with this addition of “What’s Shooting Now“, but surprisingly, a lot of you hit it right on the nose! The correct answer is…
To give you an idea of where they might be using these delicious (fake) oranges…. remember the APPLE interview room from last season? Well, replace “APPLES” with “ORANGES,” and you now have the interview room design for this next season of Next Food Network Star!
Associate Producer, The FN Dish