SC’s Top 10 Reasons To Be Thankful by Secretary Confidential in View All Posts, November 26th, 2008
With Thanksgiving nearly here, the SC has been feeling contemplative. Here’s why I’m grateful this year…
10. For the colorful Bic markers, glitter pens and the fancy desk lamp that not only brighten my day but notes written to The Powers That Be.
9. For Joe, our secret Food Network tour guide. He has a plethora of knowledge about FN, and always adds a shot of humor and wit to my days (something this computer-saddled SC truly appreciates).
8. The mailroom guys who always help me with the heavy lifting around here. Do you know how many pounds a case of paper weighs?!!
7. Mr. SC (dear ole hubby) cooks for me at home…it’s like having your own personal FN-caliber chef make you dinner!
6. For all the cool FN kitchenware… I heart the Panini Grill & Press. Crisp, buttery Ciabbata, warm melty Fontina, fresh herbs… Mmmm.
5. For my family that I’ll be seeing over Thanksgiving, I was inspired by Ms. Deen to try to create her Frozen Chocolate Mousse Pie. Be prepared. I’m baking.
4. For The Next Iron Chef, which will begin taping soon. You can almost taste the food they make. I think it’s the best reality show which takes seasoned chefs to a new pinnacle in the culinary pantheon.
3. For the new and improved foodnetwork.com site! The recipe search rocks! I know where to find the recipe for Paula Deen’s southern-fried chicken during any middle of the night hunger pangs.
1. The FN Kitchens for their fancy eats, friendly faces and freebies. I admit that I did take two of the magical brownies you created a few months back.
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!
~ Secretary Confidential