To dream up dishes such as Bacon Guacamole (No. 1), Bacon-Beer Mussels (No. 22) and Bacon Muffins (No. 32), testers went through hundreds of ideas. “We don’t put things in for shock value,” tester Leah Brickley says. “The recipes always taste good and have appeal.”
The chefs developed their own version of the trendy Bacon Explosion (see the original here), but in the end, decided it was a little too over-the-top to make the cut.
So Adam Gertler returned to Food Network this week with a new show entitled, Will Work For Food [Mondays at 8:30pm/7:30c]. Adam is exposed to a pretty wild world of food jobs which made us wonder… Which Food (job) Have You Worked For?
Here’s a quick round-up from The FN Dish staffers:
* Ice cream bicycle boy — bike with mini-freezer on the front
* Pea picker — endless hours in the sun for pennies per pod
* Amusement Park ‘Fried Dough” Fryer
* Candy Girl at the first multiplex theater in Long Island
* Hostess for uppity tourist trap in East Hampton
* Bacon cook in Vermont — ah, grease in the hair
* DC Nightlife Critic — countless brewery tours (& tastes)
* Dude Ranch Cook — quit over Alan Jackson brouhaha