All Posts In Community

Food Network Staffer Diary: I Ate Only Foods I Discovered on Instagram

by in Behind the Scenes, Community, October 26th, 2016

1. AvoEgg Breakfast

Photo courtesy of @remixt

I could’ve included avocado toast, but I needed to up the ante. After all, avocado toast is a staple for me and I’ve pretty much mastered that skill (NBD). I’ve seen so many ‘grams of bright-green avocados with pops of yellow yolks in the center, and I have always wanted to bake this for breakfast; alas, I’ve never had the time. And when I did have the time, this idea would escape me. This time there was no escaping. The instructions were pretty simple, as were the ingredients. I cut my ripe avocado in half, took out the pit and spooned in one egg in one half. This is where I made oops No. 1: I didn’t scoop out enough avocado, and the egg whites started to slip out of the avocado!

Frustrated, I tried again with my other half, this time carving out even more avocado. I spooned in the egg yet again, and the same thing happened. I decided to shrug it off and top my concoction with salt, pepper, chives and shredded mozzarella. (You can totally toss in paprika, onions, cheddar Jack — you name it.) I baked the eggs for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F, and to my delight, they were good to go! However, they were not as beautiful as the next one.

Read more

Easy Vanilla Dutch Baby — Most Popular Pin of the Week

by in Community, October 23rd, 2016

Vanilla Dutch BabyLike the lightest, most-airy pancake you’ve ever had, Melissa d’Arabian’s quick-fix Dutch baby, this week’s Most Popular Pin of the Week, is a fan-favorite recipe with a 5-star rating. She adds a splash of vanilla extract to the batter to guarantee comforting flavor. Perhaps best of all, there’s no need to flip a Dutch baby like there is a pancake, so you know this will be a fuss-free breakfast to prep.

For more morning meal ideas, check out Food Network’s Let’s Rise & Shine board on Pinterest.

Get the Recipe: Vanilla Dutch Baby

Weeknight-Friendly Rosemary Chicken — Most Popular Pin of the Week

by in Community, October 16th, 2016

Skillet Rosemary ChickenWhen it comes to family-friendly dinners, few meals get the job done quite like chicken. Easy to make, quick cooking and endlessly versatile, the humble chicken can be transformed into a bold, flavorful supper with just a few staple ingredients, like it is in this top-rated recipe, this week’s Most Popular Pin of the Week. Bone-in chicken breasts are coated in a simple mixture of garlic, lemon juice and rosemary, then seared in a skillet and roasted with hearty potatoes and mushrooms to round out the meal. Perhaps best of all, this all-in-one meal can be on the table in just 40 minutes.

For more chicken dinner ideas, check out Food Network’s Let’s Cook: Main Dishes board on Pinterest.

Get the Recipe: Skillet Rosemary Chicken

Trisha’s Un-Fried Chicken — Most Popular Pin of the Week

by in Community, October 9th, 2016

Un-Fried ChickenTrisha Yearwood has done the seemingly impossible. In her easy recipe for baked-not-fried chicken, this week’s Most Popular Pin of the Week, she’s turned lean chicken breasts into the crispy, crunchy, golden chicken pieces you’d expect after giving them a dip in the deep fryer — but without that oil bath. She dredges the chicken in tangy buttermilk, then coats it in a blanket of cheesy breadcrumbs before baking, to deliver the texture and flavor you know and love, in a lighter way.

For more chicken dinner ideas, check out Food Network’s Let’s Cook: Main Dishes board on Pinterest.

Get the Recipe: Un-Fried Chicken

Basic Parmesan Pomodoro—Most Popular Pin of the Week

by in Community, October 2nd, 2016

Basic Parmesan PomodoroDon’t let of the name of this recipe fool you: This week’s Most Popular Pin of the Week is anything but “basic.” Giada De Laurentiis builds layer upon savory layer of flavor in her fan-favorite recipe, starting with bold garlic, sweet carrots and the rind of nutty Parmesan cheese. When these ingredients are slowly simmered with the canned cherry tomatoes, the taste turns out deeply rich and the texture thick and nearly creamy without the use of cream.

For more hearty ideas, check out Food Network’s Let’s Cook Comfort Food board on Pinterest.

Get the Recipe: Basic Parmesan Pomodoro

Ree Drummond’s Best Tomato Soup Ever — Most Popular Pin of the Week

by in Community, September 25th, 2016

Best Tomato Soup EverWith bright tomato flavor, rich cream and fragrant fresh basil, you can be sure that this week’s Most Popular Pin of the Week lives up to its “best-ever” title. (The 5-star rating and more than 250 fan reviews don’t hurt either, of course.) Since this comforting bowl can be ready to eat in just 40 minutes, it’s an ideal pick for hectic back-to-school season.

For more warming recipes, check out Food Network’s Let’s Cook Comfort Food board on Pinterest.

Get the Recipe: Best Tomato Soup Ever

Giada’s Chicken Saltimbocca — Most Popular Pin of the Week

by in Community, September 18th, 2016

Chicken SaltimboccaThere’s no question that chicken is a go-to pick for weeknight dinners and dressed-up meals alike. But sometimes the beloved grilled chicken breast just doesn’t cut it, and when that happens, it’s time to inject bold flavors, as Giada De Laurentiis does in this week’s Most Popular Pin of the Week. Quick to prepare and healthy to boot, these chicken roll-ups feature a savory filling of prosciutto and spinach, plus a sprinkle of nutty Parmesan cheese for a welcome bite. Round out the chicken with a lemony sauce for an impressive finish.

For more dinner ideas, check out Food Network’s Let’s Cook: Main Dishes board on Pinterest.

Get the Recipe: Chicken Saltimbocca

Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo — Most Popular Pin of the Week

by in Community, September 11th, 2016

Shrimp Fettuccine AlfredoThough summer may not officially end for a couple more weeks, we’re already starting to crave the richer flavors of fall now that the Labor Day weekend is behind us. To bridge the summer-fall gap this year, look no further than this week’s Most Popular Pin of the Week, a simple pasta dish that marries the light, fresh taste of seafood with a comforting cream sauce that’s warm and cheesy. This recipe can be on the table in just 25 minutes, which means it’s a go-to pick for those first hectic weeks of back-to-school season.

For more hearty recipes, check out Food Network’s Let’s Cook Comfort Food board on Pinterest.

Get the Recipe: Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo

Get-Your-Grill-On Cake — Most Popular Pin of the Week

by in Community, September 4th, 2016

Grill CakeWith Labor Day weekend in full swing, you’re likely heading outdoors to grill up an alfresco dinner. For dessert, look no further than the grill yet again — well, kind of. This week’s Most Popular Pin of the Week is a cake that looks just like a grill, but features sweet-treat toppings and a chocolate cake base. Hot dogs made from taffy, kebabs made from candy fruits, and corn made from sponge cake and jelly beans — it’s all here. The base of the cake is made using a simple boxed chocolate cake mix, and charred marshmallows and red candies are layered upon the cake to create the “coals.” Place a round cooling rack over the coals as a grate, and top it with the “grilled foods” to complete the scene.

For more crowd-pleasing recipe inspiration, check out Food Network’s Let’s Entertain board on Pinterest.

Get the Recipe: Get-Your-Grill-On Cake

No-Bake Chocolate-Pretzel-Peanut Butter Squares — Most Popular Pin of the Week

by in Community, August 28th, 2016

Chocolate Peanut butter squaresSatisfy your peanut butter cup cravings with Trisha Yearwood’s simple no-bake bars, this week’s Most Popular Pin of the Week. Trisha combines crushed pretzel rods with peanut butter for a sweet-salty base, then she layers a melty chocolate-peanut butter mix over the bottom to create an indulgent topping. These crowd-pleasing bars require only an hour in the refrigerator before they’re ready to be cut and served.

For more sweet-tooth-satisfying recipes, check out Food Network’s Let’s Bake! board on Pinterest.

Get the recipe: No-Bake Chocolate-Pretzel-Peanut Butter Squares