Food Network users have spoken: traditional, tried-and-true recipes are best. From classic comfort food and side dishes to desserts and dinnertime favorites, Food Network’s top 10 recipes of 2013 are as diverse as they are flavorful. Make a New Year’s resolution to bring a few of these family-friendly dishes to your table in 2014.
10. Giada’s Chicken Piccata — An easy weeknight meal, this classic Italian chicken recipe is topped with a sauce made with lemon and capers.
9. Ina’s Perfect Roast Chicken — Bring the family together for a whole chicken dinner. Ina’s recipe is simple and classic. The cavity is stuffed with thyme, lemon and garlic. Onions, carrots and fennel are spread around the pan to absorb the bird’s flavorful juices.
8. Melissa’s Crispy Kale “Chips” — For a quick snack, try swapping bagged chips for Melissa’s better-for-you baked kale chips. They’ve got that all-important salty crunch, with nutrition to boot.
7. Tyler’s Chicken Enchiladas — Packed with tender corn and a duo of green and chipotle chiles, Tyler’s cumin-spiced chicken mixture is rolled inside soft tortillas, which are later topped with enchilada sauce and cheddar then baked.
6. Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies — Save time and oven space by preparing these easy no-bake cookies made with oatmeal and a classic peanut butter-chocolate combo.