Food Network users have spoken: traditional, tried-and-true recipes are best. From classic comfort food and side dishes to desserts and dinnertime favorites, Food Network’s top 10 recipes of 2012 are as diverse as they are flavorful. Make a New Year’s resolution to bring a few of these family-friendly dishes to your table in 2013.
10. Banana Bread — Best when topped with a pat of butter, drizzled with honey or served with vanilla ice cream, this five-star recipe is an easy-to-prepare classic that won’t disappoint.
9. Roasted Brussels Sprouts — Ina tosses Brussels sprouts with olive oil and seasoning and bakes them until they’re tender and a warm brown color.
8. Old-Time Beef Stew — Paula adds pinches of allspice and sugar to this stick-to-your-ribs stew.
7. Zucchini Bread — Fragrant cinnamon and nutmeg add warmth and subtle spice to Paula’s five-star dish, made with grated zucchini and chopped walnuts.
6. Peach Cobbler — Paula’s no-fail cobbler features soft, sweet peaches nestled beneath a light and crumbly butter crust.