Hot Links We’re Loving:
- You may have been proud of your apple-picking loot at the farm, but if you ran out of ways to use the bounty after baking a crisp and a pie, try serving the fruit in this Kale Salad with Sauteed Apples from Brooklyn Supper.
- Even in the name of Octoberfest, guzzling pint after pint can be taxing (and beer-belly-inducing). Take your brew differently — and arguably more responsibly — with Spiced Octoberfest Beer Bread by Savory Simple.
- Those stuck with a loaf of stale bread should follow Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes‘ lead and put a seasonal spin on bread salad with Pumpkin Seed Panzanella.
- Like the stuffed pizza crusts and stuffed peppers before it, Toasty Biscuit‘s Double Chocolate Caramel-Stuffed Cookies are better than your average treat, all thanks to that nice surprise inside.
- Salted caramel gets a fall splash of cider in Cider Pancakes with Apples and Cider-Salted Caramel by Spicy Ice Cream. With cider in the pancakes, this one proves that brunch is better with booze.