Before you relegate your next head of cauliflower to side dish status once again, reconsider this in-season veggie for its unconventionally substantial uses. From standing proudly as a main dish to acting as your next party-friendly appetizer, cauliflower is capable of some serious dish power. Let us list the ways:
- Buffalo Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Sauce: Even if you’re accustomed to nibbling chicken wings off the bone, think of cauliflower florets as yet another way to get your weekly intake of spicy Buffalo sauce. Dip this healthier game-time alternative into homemade blue cheese sauce for the full package.
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Raisin Relish: Get ready for a whole new take on steak. Thick-cut slices of cauliflower are just as satisfying, especially when topped with a bold raisin relish.
- Art Smith’s Garlic Mashed Cauliflower: Instead of going the old-fashioned potato route, spoon a dollop of Trisha Yearwood’s mashed cauliflower for a lower-carb alternative. It still comes with all that creamy, savory goodness.
- Cauliflower Mac ‘n’ Cheese: Load up your go-to macaroni and cheese with more than pasta. Cheesy and savory, this recipe is so much more than a way to trick your kids into eating their veggies.
- Mustard-Parmesan Whole Roasted Cauliflower: Never before has this white-as-snow veggie stood out so much. After brushing it with olive oil and Dijon mustard, stick the whole head of cauliflower in the oven for a main that will entice even meat eaters.
- Bean, Cauliflower and Cheese Burritos: Your next burrito deserves to be filled with more than rice and beans. Fold up a tortilla filled with spiced, sauteed cauliflower for an unexpected filling that feels so right.
- Roasted Cauliflower with Herb-Caper Sauce: Though the cauliflower element is simply roasted, the zesty green sauce invigorates each bite. Cauliflower cooks quickly, so you don’t have to stick it in the oven until the main dish is resting.
- Prosciutto Pizza with Cauliflower Crust: Nixing flour? This capability of cauliflower is perhaps the most magical of all. Use it to make gluten-free pizza crust so everyone in your group can have a slice.
Looking for more fall fun? FN Dish is searching for the best fall-inspired Pinterest boards. Learn more here.
Get more cauliflower recipes from friends and family:
The Lemon Bowl: Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken with Cauliflower
Feed Me Phoebe: Vegan Cauliflower Soup with Red Curry
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Hash Brown Cauliflower and Potatoes
The Cultural Dish: Cauliflower and Leek Soup
Dishing with Divya: Gobi Manchurian
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Smokey Cauliflower Soup with Parmigiano-Reggiano
Red or Green: Cauliflower and Peppers Pasta with Spicy Pesto
Swing Eats: Cauliflower T-Bone Steaks with Olive, Lemon and Parsley
Dishin & Dishes: Curried Cauliflower Chowder
Domesticate Me: Three Cheese Cauliflower Gratin
Weelicious: Vegetarian Tagine
Devour: 5 Reasons to Make Cauliflower Immediately
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Cauliflower Breadsticks
Taste With The Eyes: Spiced Roasted Cauliflower with Walnut, Cilantro, Mint
FN Dish: Reasons to Reconsider Cauliflower (recipes)