Even at the height of a stifling summer, there are days when only warm, gooey comfort food will do, and when you’re faced with that kind of craving, macaroni and cheese is a go-to solution. From the classic stovetop variety to the creamy baked casseroles studded with bacon, there’s a mac and cheese to please every palate, and most are easy-to-make standbys that are guaranteed to wow your family. Read on below to find Food Network’s top-five macaroni and cheese recipes from Trisha Yearwood, Alton Brown, Ina Garten and more chefs.
5. Slow-Cooker Macaroni and Cheese — After combining noodles with milk, butter and cheese in the slow cooker, Trisha lets the machine do the work of preparing the dish for her.
4. Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Bacon and Cheese — Fresh thyme and crispy, salty bacon dress up Tyler Florence’s big-batch baked casserole.
3. Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese — Boasting all of the flavor of traditional chicken wings without any mess, Food Network Magazine’s easy-to-prepare macaroni is made with cheddar cheese and a Buffalo-style hot sauce. Finish with a blue cheese-panko topping before baking for added indulgence.
2. Stovetop Mac ‘n’ Cheese — Made with only a handful of ingredients, Alton’s better-than-the-box recipe comes together in a hurry and guarantees a smooth, creamy sauce every time.
1. Mac and Cheese — The secret to Ina’s tried-and-true macaroni and cheese (pictured above)? She opts for a duo of cheeses — Gruyere and extra-sharp cheddar — for the most-decadent flavor, and she tops the pasta with sliced tomatoes for added freshness.