When a recent trip to the farmers market left me with more peaches than I could get through before some pushy fruit flies set up a serious colony, I did what first sprang to mind: I made a peach crisp. And it was delicious. But just as the last crumbs were gobbled up, a new question loomed: What am I going to do with the other 50 peaches in this box? That’s when I started hunting for delicious ideas and found these.
1. Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Peach Glaze (pictured above): The sweetness of fresh peaches meets just the right amount of heat in this one from Bobby Flay.
2. Fresh Peach Cake: Think of a pineapple upside-down cake, but even more decadent because this is a recipe from Ina Garten — one I can’t wait to make.
3. Grilled Peach Salad with Balsamic Bacon Vinaigrette: Looking to spice up your favorite leafy greens for lunch? Try the magic of crispy bacon plus juicy peaches on top.
4. Peach Pie Smoothie: Leave it to Ellie Krieger to come up with a drink that’s both so rich and so refreshing that it’ll become your new go-to breakfast.
5. Baked Pancake with Fresh Peach Wedges: A recipe so simple and so satisfying that it works for breakfast, breakfast-for-dinner or even brunch.
6. Fresh Peach Bellinis: When all else fails, raise a glass! You can’t miss the sweet taste of summer with this tangy take on a classic cocktail.
7. Peach-Blueberry Pie: What’s better than a peach pie this time of year? A peach pie infused with the pop of fresh blueberries.
8. Peachy Fruit Roll-Ups: There’s nothing but peaches, honey and a shot of vanilla in these homemade fruit roll-ups. Bonus: They’re so simple the kids can help make the leather — before they devour it.
9. Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa: There’s something about the combination of salty pork and sweet peaches that just can’t be beat, and this dinnertime treat is no exception.
10. Peaches and Cream Ice Pops: Fresh peaches plus half-and-half and a drizzle of maple syrup become creamy, dreamy ice pops to enjoy all season long.
11. Peach Whisky Chicken: What happens when The Pioneer Woman combines sweet peaches with the zing of whiskey over chicken? Your family discovers a new favorite way to eat chicken.
12. Peach Cobbler Ice Cream Cake: Sure, you could make a simple cobbler, but it’ll be hard to beat this creamy, cool treat on a hot summer night.
Charity Curley Mathews is a former executive at HGTV.com and MarthaStewart.com turned family food blogger, an editorial strategy consultant and a mother of four. She’s a contributor to The Huffington Post and the founder of Foodlets.com: Mini Foodies in the Making…Maybe.
- Don’t Make These Burger Mistakes (But If You Do, Here’s How to Fix Them)
- How to Master Meat: Chef Tim Love’s Tips and Advice for a Scorching July 4th Cookout
- Summer Cooking (and Eating), Alex Guarnaschelli Style
- The Top Picnic Mistakes to Avoid, and How to Fix Them If They Happen, Plus Boozy Bubbles to Pack in the Basket