When it comes to grilling standbys, burgers, barbecue and hot dogs often claim the spotlight — and for good reason, of course. But in addition to these meaty mainstays, seafood shines when grilled. Firm, flaky fish like swordfish and salmon stand up to the flames well, while clams, mussels and shrimp benefit from the smoky, charred flavor the grill offers. Grilled shrimp are not only a versatile seafood pick, but they’re also quick to make in a hurry and are easy to prepare in bulk, so they’re a go-to option for effortless summer entertaining. Read on below for Food Network’s top-five grilled shrimp recipes to find must-try ideas from Rachael, Bobby, the Neelys and more chefs.
5. Grilled Shrimp and Feta Salad — Ready to eat in only 25 minutes, Food Network Kitchen’s fuss-free salad boasts Mediterranean-inspired flavors like cool cucumber, salty Kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese, and it’s tossed with simply seasoned shrimp to make it a complete meal.
4. Grilled Shrimp Pizza — Save time in the kitchen by starting with a prepared dough to make this fuss-free pizza, topped with sweet grilled onions and shrimp. Add seasonal cherry tomatoes and tangy feta in the last few minutes of cooking, and let the heat of the grill slowly warm and melt them.
3. Grilled Shrimp — In only 10 minutes and with just four ingredients, Rachael works her quick-fix magic to prepare her shrimp appetizer, best finished with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
2. Grilled Shrimp Po’ Boy — Instead of frying the shrimp for a traditional po’ boy, the Neelys’ easy recipe features butter-laced grilled shrimp for a next-level sandwich. Pat and Gina recommend threading the shrimp on skewers before cooking to make them easier to manage on the grill’s grates.
1. Grilled Shrimp Scampi — Bobby adds a double dose of bold flavor to his tender, smoky shrimp (pictured above) by first marinating them in a mixture of garlic and fennel seeds, then tossing them in a lemony herb sauce before serving. Click the play button on the video below to watch Bobby make this top recipe.