Getting to the Heart — and Stomach — of America in the New Series Eating America

by in Shows, June 16th, 2014

Anthony AndersonOn the new series Eating America, premiering Monday, July 28 at 9|8c, host Anthony Anderson is on a mission to discover the most flavorful food festivals in the country. Food Network fans may recognize Anthony Anderson from Chopped, where he competed on a special holiday episode, and from Iron Chef America, where he’s been a frequent judge. This food lover is now taking on a new venture in Food Fest Nation, tasting everything from classic interpretations of regional fare to surprising twists on favorite dishes. Anthony will get to the belly of what is truly at the heart of America — one food festival at a time.

In this eight-episode series, Anthony visits some of the most unusual food fairs around the country. Not only does he try the local specialties, but he also meets the people who create them, including a few unforgettable characters.

Watch a preview below:

Here’s a list of the festivals Anthony will be visiting:

Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival — Fernandina Beach, Fla.

Texas Crab Festival — Crystal Beach, Texas

Magnolia Blossom Festival & World Championship Steak Cook-Off — Magnolia, Ark.

New Orleans Food Experience

Ribfest Chicago

Blue Ridge BBQ Festival — Tryon, N.C.

Long Grove Strawberry Festival — Long Grove, Ill.

Rockwood Ice Cream Festival — Wilmington, Del.

Watch the premiere on Monday, July 28 at 9|8c and come back to FoodNetwork.com/EatingAmerica to view photo galleries from each festival.

Last-Minute Thanksgiving Tips from Bobby and Friends

Hear from Bobby and friends as they share good-to-know turkey day tips ahead of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday....

1. Jackie Lott says:

We met Anthony Anderson in North Carolina on Saturday at the festival, and I would just like to say a big Thank You to him for making my husband last like he use to before he left for Afghanistan. We have had him that Happy in a while. So thanks again Mr. Anderson, he really needed that.

2. vivarant says:

OMG I LOVE Anthony Anderson, this is surprising and exciting news. Good luck Anthony! OMG I just noticed he is going to be my town at the Rockwook Icecream Festival I surely don't want to miss that

3. Babby says:

They had a show like this on years ago called All American Festivals.

4. J Sabo says:

I can't wait! We met Anthony at the Shrimp Festival, he was so kind! My children have been asking when the show would air…I can't wait to tell them!

5. I met Anthony Anderson at the Rockwood Ice Cream Festival in Wilmington, DE this weekend. I've been a fan of his for quite sometime but it was also nice talking about the health benefits of my product line of olive oil and balsamic vinegars with him. Taking the time with people adds a specialness to his personality and I greatly appreciated our time together. I can not wait to see the show. Thanks Anthony and your wonderful assistant also!

6. Sandra says:

Anthony Anderson spent a couple of days in Long Grove, Illinois during Strawberry Fest for the filming judging of recipes entering in the competition for Food Fest Nation.
    I was so impressed with Mr. Anderson's poise and personality. He is such a delightful, personable young man! What a joy and a refreshing pleasure to meet a celebrity who could relate to his fans, take time to chat with people, and really seem to enjoy the entire event.

7. Hey Anthony this is Jerry we met at the steak cook off in Magonila Blossom festival were the owners of shacks classic BBQ sauce we would like for you to come to Springdale Arkansas to joses on hwy 412 west and have some BBQ pulled pork nachos and less shoot a viedo for shacks my e mail is shacksbbq@gmail.com or call me at 479 200 2259 thanks had have a goodtime on the road talk to you soon

8. Melvin Aiken says:

Even though I only met the star of the show for a brief second, we here on Amelia Island during the Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival thoroughly enjoyed having and hosting the show. We are looking forward to the airing and hope that all of the events you ventured to were a success. Melvin Aiken 2014 Isle Of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival Logistics Chairman.

9. Tabitha Casey says:

Great new show Anthony! I am hoping you will look at Fin, Feather & Fur Festival in Houston, Texas in November!! Oil Companies compete with entries made from animals with fur, feathers or fins-
    Its a food extravaganza!!

10. Kellie Miller says:

I would like to know where to find food festivals in Florida, is their a festival web page, how would we find where the festivals are. Thank You