From grilling and roasting zucchini to mixing it in pastas and cold salads, there’s no shortage of ways to use up this seasonal classic, but perhaps the easiest among them is baking zucchini in a sweet bread. The beauty of zucchini bread is that once you bake a single loaf, the results double as breakfasts and desserts for days to come. Unlike banana bread, which requires overly ripe bananas, zucchini bread can be made with the produce at any stage, so it’s a go-to pick if you’re facing a surplus from a garden or a sale at the grocery store. Read on below to find Food Network’s top-five recipes for zucchini bread, and get a mix of creative and traditional picks.
5. Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread — You don’t have to be gluten-intolerant to enjoy this sweet loaf, laced with a trio of warm spices as well as a duo of olive oil and Greek yogurt for moisture.
4. Zucchini and Apple Bread — Made with crunchy walnuts for added texture, this easy-to-do recipe yields two loaves, making it a favorite for potlucks and bake sales.
3. Zucchini Bread with Lemon-Honey Butter — The smooth citrus-scented butter complements the fresh lemon zest in Food Network Kitchen’s simple loaves.
2. Zucchini Bread with Dried Cranberries — Studded with cranberries and flavored with fragrant cinnamon and nutmeg, Food Network Magazine’s bread is dressed up with a rich vanilla glaze before serving.
1. Zucchini Bread — Stick to Food Network Kitchen’s big-batch loaf (pictured above) for tried-and-true results every time. This go-to recipe features a mix of walnuts and spice, plus a splash of oil to guarantee a moist texture.