Alton Brown may be spending most of his time on the set of Food Network Star or Cutthroat Kitchen, but there’s always time for a cocktail. He gave us the low-down on his favorite drink for summer, told us which trends he is totally over and answered how you can best stock your at-home bar.
What cocktail trends are you over?
Alton Brown: I’m over anything that involves a cheese-stuffed olive because I don’t like cheese in my booze.
What cocktail trends are you into right now?
AB: I’m into anything with aged rum and classic punches.
What’s your favorite summer drink?
AB: Campari and soda
What are the top five mixers for an at-home bar?
AB: Tonic concentrate, soda siphon for soda water, simple syrup, Fernet Branca and Amaro
Get More Summer Cocktails:
- Alton’s Trick for Keeping Fruit Down in Sangria
- Cool-Down Summer Cocktail Recipes
- Sangria Recipes
- Lemonades and Iced Teas
- Margarita Recipes
- Alton’s Margarita
- Enter to Win a Signed Copy of Jet Tila’s New Cookbook, 101 Asian Dishes You Need to Cook Before You Die
- Jet Tila’s Recipe for Famous Drunken Noodles Is the Only One You Need
- One-on-One with Dave Sideserf, a Star of the New Series Texas Cake House
- Hannah Hart Hits the Road for a Tasty Cross-Country Trip in New Food Network Series I Hart Food