Vote for the Ultimate Picnic Dish

by in Recipes, May 24th, 2014

PicnicWith the unofficial start of summer just days away, it’s officially time to head outside and take advantage of warmer temperatures, and for many, that means moving the cooking and eating to the outdoors. On this morning’s brand-new episode of The Kitchen, the co-hosts shared go-to tips for packing easy picnics, explaining that that these meals don’t have to be elaborate to be enjoyable. All it takes is a little planning and, of course, fuss-free foods to pull off a memorable celebration.

As you start planning your first outdoor meal of the season, FN Dish wants to know: What do you consider the one must-have plate at your picnic? Do you prefer simple finger foods like meat-and-cheese platters, just as the co-hosts do, or do you opt for heartier fare like juicy fried chicken? Is it all about the sides, like potato and pasta salads, or do you reach for the sweet treats alone? Cast your vote in the poll below, then read on to find some of Food Network’s favorite picnic essentials.

Start Cooking:

Memorial Day Picnic Recipes
Summer Picnic Side Dish Recipes
Packable Summer Picnic Desserts

Gnocchi with Squash and Kale — Meatless Monday

Although summer’s juicy tomatoes and sweet peaches are nearly a thing of a past, fall brings with it an abundance of produce too: Welcome to the...

1. Mitzi B says:

on today's episode (5/25)- can you give details on the parachute pouch that was featured ??

2. Realsoon says:

The Kitchen is the best ever cooking show. I love it because it's fresh, fun and the hosts work well together, so REAL! It makes my day! Oh, and the actual kitchen design is beautiful!

3. Beth says:

Wish they would've given the details on the parachute pouch on the Show…at least where you can find them :-(

4. Claudine says:

I want the tomato sauce recipe

5. Rachael says:

So totally unrelated to food or kitchens, but Marcela's necklace on this episode was amazing. I watched until the end to see if the wardrobe was noted, but nothing. Anyone seen this necklace anywhere?

• FoodieNZ says:

I also loved her necklace so I googled it and your comment came up. I wish I knew where it came from, it's beautiful!

6. DeeJay says:

Katie said where the chinese containers were available but I didn't catch it. Where please?

7. Barbara says:

OK ~ I can't get enough of The Kitchen!! Such a great team, collaboration, format, ideas, and receipies!! You all make me laugh out loud…Jeff, and want to walk into your kitchen, pull up a chair and join the fun!!! Each of you bring your best to the kitchen table and love the respect & appreciation for each other! BRAVO to The Best Kitchen in town! :}

8. Becky says:

Here do you buy the insulated picnic basket type thing that Katie was using?

9. donna brunson says:

where do you find the collapsible plastic containers?

10. donna brunson says:

Where can u find the collapsible containers?