Vote for the Ultimate Picnic Dish

by in Recipes, May 24th, 2014

PicnicWith the unofficial start of summer just days away, it’s officially time to head outside and take advantage of warmer temperatures, and for many, that means moving the cooking and eating to the outdoors. On this morning’s brand-new episode of The Kitchen, the co-hosts shared go-to tips for packing easy picnics, explaining that that these meals don’t have to be elaborate to be enjoyable. All it takes is a little planning and, of course, fuss-free foods to pull off a memorable celebration.

As you start planning your first outdoor meal of the season, FN Dish wants to know: What do you consider the one must-have plate at your picnic? Do you prefer simple finger foods like meat-and-cheese platters, just as the co-hosts do, or do you opt for heartier fare like juicy fried chicken? Is it all about the sides, like potato and pasta salads, or do you reach for the sweet treats alone? Cast your vote in the poll below, then read on to find some of Food Network’s favorite picnic essentials.

Start Cooking:

Memorial Day Picnic Recipes
Summer Picnic Side Dish Recipes
Packable Summer Picnic Desserts

Off-the-Chart Corn on the Cob — Summer Soiree

Picture summer without nibbling on at least one ear of corn. How could you? This time of year, this staple crop is sweeter and juicier than ever. And,...

1. Pam says:

Thank you for such a delightful new show, that gives us a more personal look at some of my favorite FN show hosts or participants. It is not just that the food commentary is so spot-on (but it is great!) It is, also, that you all interact is well and it is truly an ensemble effort. Thanks, again!

2. Lana says:

I love this show!!! The dynamics of the five hosts is awesome. They complement each other rather than compete with each other. I like that. The recipes are easy with ingredients that are readily available. Even GZ's recipes are user friendly for us common folks. He is so likable and down to earth on this show. I'm not saying he isn't likable on the other shows, it is just he is more relaxed on The Kitchen. It is hard for me to say which segment I like the best but I love that they end with "It's 5 o'clock somewhere!" I try to watch it live every Saturday but regardless I DVR it so even if I watch it, I can watch it again in case I miss something. Keep up the good work please.

Am going to check out Amazon for the parachute in a pouch that someone mentioned can be found there.

3. carol edwards says:

Last weeekend the Kitchen had 4 ways to prepare string beans. I cannot find an yplace where I can
    see these . It would be handy to have these written down since this is one vege that I get tired of fixed
    the same way all of the time.

• carol edwards says:

I have trying to find the recipe from Trisha Yearwoods show for individual chicken pot pies. Don't
      know why I can not find it.

4. Cheryl says:

The first episode I watched ,Sunny was showcasing a birthday flower,where can I purchase one? Thank you ,Cheryl cherylw1950@frontier.com

5. Connie L Orlando says:

My husband and I love the Kitchen. We DVR it so we don't miss it and I have been known to watch it more than once if I am carefully watching technique. I like to see which pan surfaces to use. It's my dull pan, shiny pan question! What I love the most about your show is the rapport between you guys. It's practical, funny, useful and it's not another one of those gritty competition shows. It's CHEERFUL!!