Mother’s Day is just a few weeks away, and if you haven’t yet decided on a gift for Mom, there’s still time to commit to making her an extra-special meal at home. While holiday dinners carry with them a certain level of pressure, daytime get-togethers can be casual and relaxing, which makes Sunday brunch an ideal time to celebrate Mom. For a go-to brunch option that can feed a crowd, try making hearty quiche; it’s an egg-based main that’s often baked, so there’s no need to cook guests’ scrambles or over-easy eggs to order. Plus, quiche is endlessly versatile, as you can add nearly any cheese, vegetable or meat you happen to have on hand. Check out Food Network’s top-five quiche picks below to find deliciously satisfying recipes from Alton, Trisha, Bobby and more of your favorite chefs.
5. Mini Chorizo Quiches — Start with buttery crusts and fill them with a bold mixture of chorizo, Manchego, potatoes and eggs to create individual servings of Marcela’s Mexican-inspired quiche.
4. Crepe Quiche Lorraine — Instead of baking his bacon-and-cheddar-laced quiches inside a tart crust, Alton builds them inside herb-studded crepes, which support the egg-based center when assembled in a muffin tin.
3. Country Quiche — To save time in the kitchen, Trisha starts with store-bought pie shells, then packs them with a meaty mixture of sausage, grape tomatoes and cheddar for a duo of easy-to-make quiche.
2. Quiche with Country Ham — The best parts of a classic breakfast come together in Damaris’ traditional quiche: diced ham, potatoes, fluffy eggs and creamy Gouda cheese. It’s best to let the dish rest for a few minutes before serving, so the eggs have time to set. Click the play button on the video below to watch her make it.
1. Chorizo and Goat Cheese Quiche — Boasting layer upon layer of flavor from a rich, flaky crust, Mexican sausage, fresh herbs and three kinds of cheeses, Bobby’s indulgent quiche (pictured above from Food Network Magazine) is best served alongside a flavor-packed pesto made with nutty Parmesan and jalapeno for a punch of heat.