Dressed to Souffle — Alton’s After-Show

by in Shows, March 16th, 2014

While many Cutthroat Kitchen sabotages may be downright evilicious, most are, at least in some way, related to the challenge dish in any given round, and they are often inspired by common ingredients, tools and processes used to make that plate. On tonight’s all-new episode, Alton took that idea one step further during the Round 3 souffle battle when he auctioned off what he deemed “a souffle suit,” an oversize, puffed-up outfit that would force a contestant to match the general qualities of a souffle: rounded and inflated.

Chef Millie ultimately found herself victim of the getup, and when judge Simon Majumdar learned of her unfortunate apparel, he told Alton on the host’s After-Show, “The fact that she was able to deliver anything is really remarkable.” Although he was impressed by her ability to cook while dressed up, he couldn’t excuse her dish, which was a sorry attempt at a souffle, as it was wholly without egg whites. “Chef Milly’s was so far away from being a souffle that I just couldn’t make the call any other way,” he explained to Alton of his decision to eliminate Chef Millie. Alton admitted, however, that no matter the outcome, “Chef Millie was an incredible sport” in the face of the sabotage.

Click the play button on the video above to hear more from Simon and Alton — and see Chef Millie in her outfit.

Tune in to Cutthroat Kitchen every Sunday at 10|9c.

What to Watch: It’s One Big Party This Weekend on Food Network

Tune into Food Network for a weekend of fun as the chefs gear up for a variety of food-filled parties and competition shows....

1. tyler gougeon says:

For a sabatage in a nacho challenge, make someone trade all their meat products for cans of spam.

2. Martha J. Gavaghan says:

i would love to see the Food Network Chefs go at it. especially Ted Allen, would love to see him behind the stove cooking.

3. Shari says:

Tonight's show with judge Simion Majumdar seemed fixed!, we love to watch this show but after tonight not sure we are still fans! Simon contradicted himself several times saying it had to look good taste good and make him think of a BLT in the first round and he eats Chef Johns soup that was nothing like a BLT?? Round 2 ramen he had criticism for all but again eliminate someone he gave the least amount of criticism !! But the kicker was desert when he eliminated chef Millie because her dish didn't look like a soufflé (remember round 1 BLT soup) that didn't look loke a BLT , sorry I say that was fixed !!

4. rodh32340 says:

I got the feeling that Simon knew the winning chef, he had mentioned working for a regularly see star chef in the opening interview and the familiarity seemed to carry through the judging. The show should invite the other chefs back for a re-do.

5. Big Fan!!
    I have a sabotage suggestion. How about making someone cook from a rolling desk chair, no standing…LOL!

6. Mike says:

I agree with Shari. My family and I love the show and watch it on regular basis, but this show seemed fixed. I always like to rout for the underdog, but Chef Johnny's BLT wasn't even close and Simon had said Johnny should have used some other vegetable instead of radishes yet he wasn't eliminated. I stopped watching Mystery Diners because I feel that it is very fake with the camera angles and close ups and even the one in the safe. I am not ready to give up on Cutthroat, but I hope I don't see anything like this episode again.

7. Nemo says:

Echoing Martha, I'd love to see an All Star Episode like Ann Burrell, Mario Batali, Bobby Flay, Morimoto, Mike Symon … even Alton Brown on a Turn The Tables type show =)

Other ideas:
    a) Only use of salt must be extracted from hard pretzels
    b) All appliances electrically powered and power comes from pedaling a bicycling … pair with a challenge that requires baking or oven
    c) Thanksgiving challenge, replace turkey with Spam or Tofurkey

8. chrisma757 says:

Simon Majumdar seems to eliminates a certain type of chef first whenever he judges. No coincidence.

9. eak says:

Is it just me or dose Simon judge a lot like twice as much as the other judges
    Also why are all the judges men why not some ladies