Allies and Enemies — Alton’s After-Show

by in Shows, March 9th, 2014

It’s no secret that success on Cutthroat Kitchen often entails strategy; it’s not enough to show up and cook on this evilicious competition, as at its heart the contest is a game that requires careful manipulation in order to win. While catching up with judge Antonia Lofaso on tonight’s all-new installment of Alton’s After-Show, the host explained that in Round 2′s quiche challenge, two of the remaining chefs could have potentially bettered their own outlooks had they joined forces to sabotage and outcook one rival in particular.

“If I’d been playing the game,” Alton said, “and I was Chef Gregory, I would [have] wanted to preserve Chef Bryan, so then I could have killed him in the end.” He mused of Chef Emmanuel, who likely had vast experience in cooking quiche on account of heritage: “Who wants a French guy to be able to fight a quiche battle?” Antonia agreed and suggested later, “They should have all actually ganged up on [Chef Emmanuel].” She added that it was “lights out” once Chef Emmanuel presented a quiche with Gruyere and bacon on account of these naturally rich, flavorful ingredients. “Everything else could be bad because I put Gruyere and bacon together,” Antonia imagined as Chef Gregory.

Click the play button on the video above to hear more from Alton and Antonia, and learn their takes on the sabotages in Rounds 1 and 3.

Tune in to an all-new episode of Cutthroat Kitchen every Sunday at 10|9c.

What to Watch: Celebrating Tomato Season on The Kitchen and Bold Flavors from the Grill with Bobby Flay

Get ready for some bold summer recipes and all-new competition this weekend on Food Network. First, join Trisha Yearwood as she cooks up her favorite ...

1. RUSTY MORSE says:

START THE SHOW WITH PRIMITIVE COOKING TECHNIQUES. THEN AUCTION-OFF PROGRESSIVELY MORE MODERN TECHNIQUES TO COOK-ON. LIKE, START OF WITH FLINT AND STONE TO START THEIR COOKING AND BUILD UPON THAT TECHNIQUES.

2. Jay says:

Am I the only one who thought chef Emmanuel was flirting with chef Gregory? It was so cute (and he is HOT). I wish chef Gregory caught-on and asked him out (how could he not be interested?).

• Sally says:

Talking about Chef Emmanuel, he is so hot and handsome and cute and good looking… thousands of women (myself included) would watch his show just because he is so adorable and HOT :) That's my suggestion to Food Network, give that guy a TV show. While male viewers can smile watching Giada, your female viewers need Emmanuel beautiful smile!!!!

3. Linda says:

Nice touch to expose people to a bucket of scraps. Are you trying to promote food poisoning?

4. Jeremy says:

The person with the least amount of money always wins, it's such a joke and not even fun to watch anymore. Also, some of the sabotages are just ridiculous and stupid.

5. Karl Streit says:

I would love to see a sabotage where half way through the cooking time someone has to turn what they are making into a soup or stew. Cheese burger soup, Spaghetti Stew, Pizza soup? could be fun to watch.

6. Donna says:

.Alton please change the show so that the winner gets the loser's money, the last chef I saw only won 1400.00

7. Connie Britt says:

I think chef Emmanuel is one of the most HANDSOME men I have EVER seen in my life! I would watch any show that he is on……Cooking shows, the Bachelor! Somebody please grab him for television!