A Family Affair in Chefs’ Kitchens

by in Shows, March 8th, 2014

Katie Lee and Sunny AndersonOn this morning’s brand-new episode of The Kitchen, Katie Lee shined a light on a family-favorite recipe, a rich, hearty Beef Stew. Although she’s since modernized the dish and turned it into her own creation, she reminisced on memories of her grandfather making this long-honored, tried-and-true classic. No matter your family’s cooking style or experience in the kitchen, chances are that you, too, can recall cooking a beloved recipe alongside a loved one or close friend.

FN Dish caught up with some of your favorite Food Network chefs, and it turns out that when they’re cooking off the clock, these stars are most fond of creating meals with their families as well. Read on below to hear how The Kitchen co-host Geoffrey Zakarian, plus Scott Conant, Alex Guarnaschelli and more chefs answered one simple question: Who’s your favorite person to cook for? Then cast your vote in the poll to tell FN Dish who you most enjoy being with in the kitchen.

Geoffrey Zakarian: My two kids
Scott Conant: My 3-year-old daughter
Amanda Freitag: I would have to say my nieces, Lizzie and Megan. They are 11 and 14, and they are fascinated by how much I love food — and what a good time I have cooking it and what a fun mess I can make.
Alex Guarnaschelli: My daughter
Marc Murphy: My wife and kids

Tune in to an all-new episode of The Kitchen on Saturday at 11a|10c.

Guy Fieri on the Family Dynamics at Play on Triple G: Family Style

Guy Fieri reveals what makes the upcoming Guy's Grocery Games: Family Style competition so unique....

1. Linda Berkowitz says:

Does anyone from FN read these comments. Where is the salmon recipe????

2. Laura says:

Anyone know what was all in with the cucumber that was made for the pesto salmon

3. joleen says:

I too would also like the apps from march 8 & 9

4. Cindy says:

Was 250 for the pesto salmon a typo?

5. paulaking says:

I will have to check this show out. Best Paleo Diet Cookbook

6. CareerSage says:

We need more than the recipes for each show. We need all the helpful hints, such as the bacon muffin tin recipe. The reconfigured utensils, the techniques. Why tell us that they are on this web site — when they are not.

7. mallory says:

i LOVE this new show !! All the personalities blend very nicely together. There are interesting recipe's, fun conversation, a lot of comedy and a good flow to the program. I look forward to this show every Saturday. I think that Geoffrey is in a class by himself as far as recipes and cooking as a master chef, but all together they all compliment each other very well. Excellent show !!

8. kizi 4 says:

all what you presented here and I've read that it is good for my work
    everything makes me happy,thanks.
    <a title="Kizi 7" href="http://www.kizi7games.net">Kizi 7 | <a title="Kizi 9" href="http://www.kizi9games.net">Kizi 9