This season of Worst Cooks in America, Mondays at 9|8c, has a new set of Boot Camp recruits, a motley crew of culinary disasters who have proved they can’t cook. With Anne and Bobby as their mentors, one worst cook has the chance to become the best of the worst and win $25,000. But when it comes to cooking disasters, everyone has had a Worst Cooks moment at least once — if not more. Any blunder in the kitchen serves as a lesson not to make the same mistake again.
If while watching the premiere this past Monday you had a déjà vu moment, recalling a mistake you’ve made in the kitchen, FN Dish wants to know. Share your cooking horror stories.
What’s your Worst Cooks moment? Here are some stories fans of the show have already shared on Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Share yours in the comments section below.
@KDibs Forgetting to pit the cherries for a cherry cheesecake.
@skl3560 Brownie mix said stir 20 times. Sis-in-law blended on high for 20 seconds. Made brownie jerky
@melindawalp Scratch apple pie & left skins on apples.
@Alygirl9793 When I first started cooking, attempted to make eggplant parmesan, forgot to fry the eggplant first.
@kmarsh828 Nothing like trying to boil noodles in the microwave without water!
Suzanne Ashley: The first turkey I ever cooked — used a brown paper bag as my mama did — didn’t realize the bag still contained a receipt from The Salvation Army thrift store. It baked right onto the bird and was completely legible to my guests.
Judd Campbell: Making lasagna and realizing the ricotta mix is still in the fridge when you are done.
Lori Beard: When I first started to cook I didn’t know that cloves of garlic were different from heads of garlic. So I put an entire head of garlic in my picadillo. My poor husband ate it but was sweating the whole time! It wasn’t until later that I figured out my error! Never made that mistake again!
Loreene Masuga: Once while making dumplings I did not realize that I was using self-rising flour. Every time my dumplings hit the heated water they exploded.
Skylar Hass: One time I accidentally got some soap bubbles in cupcake mix.
Dwayne Dittmer: I grabbed the gallon of soy sauce instead of the vanilla for the French toast at work.
Sylvia Perez: I accidentally put cinnamon on my steaks thinking it was the pepper.
- Hannah Hart Hits the Road for a Tasty Cross-Country Trip in New Food Network Series I Hart Food
- Chatting with Natalie Sideserf, a Star of the New Series Texas Cake House
- Chopped Grill Masters Is Back with Barbecuers, Grillers and Chefs Facing Off for $50,000
- What to Watch: Father’s Day Festivities on The Kitchen and a Culinary Adventure on Food Network Star