Worst Cooks Skill Drills: Practicing and Perfecting Pronunciation

by in Shows, February 15th, 2014

Bobby and CarlaWhen it comes to pronouncing foreign foods and terminologies, many people encounter difficulties. But on Worst Cooks in America, premiering this Monday at 9|8c, sometimes even the simplest to pronounce, relatively familiar words are a struggle for the culinary-challenged recruits — think “Thai” or “tofu,” for example. French terms are among those that beginner cooks master in their first weeks of culinary school, but in Boot Camp, these terms, more often than not, fly right over the recruits’ heads. Watching them attempt to pronounce words like “chiffonade” or “julienne” have resulted in some unforgettable moments.

Watch the video above to relive some top “Say what?” moments and learn a lesson or two on how to perfect your pronunciation — then you can show off in front of family and friends during the show.

Watch additional Skill Drills videos on the Worst Cooks in America page.

Gear Up for a Week of Guy and of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives Specials

Food Network is offering a week full of mouthwatering Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives specials starting Dec. 22....

1. Lorie says:

Food network used to be a show to learn from great chefs. Now it is a hideous show I do not enjoy anymore. Contests that are stupid, Guy and Rachel over and over and over. Please bring back cooking shows, not competitions that no one cares about. Bring back the old great chefs. I'm tired of RACHEL and you are making me tired of GUY!!!! PLEASE before many of us stop watching all together.

• Foodrevue says:

I'm already down to just three shows that I watch and after seeing the cast of characters on Worst last night, I may be down to two shows. A shame that FN lost direction and has become nothing but competitions and geek shows.

2. Sharron says:

Lorie……thank you! I thought I was the only one who is tired of Guy and Rachel. Get rid of Diners, Dives and Drive Ins! All Guy does is drive his convertable, wears his glasses on the back of his head (never in style), and stuff his mouth. Over.

3. Craig Harper says:

Started to think I was alone. Evening programming is little other than a long string of reruns of shows I didn't much care for in the first place. Need to lose the fake disaster and recovery theme.
    Still enjoy Giada, Ann and Ina. Gotta admit Worst Cooks gives me a giggle.
    Worst of all is the re-design of this web site.

4. John says:

Totally not homophobic, but c'mon. Are we fabulous or are we cooking????

5. Paul W says:

Problem is reality shows are what get the ratings nowadays, and ratings are what draw the sponsors. There were times when TV used to be useful, fun, and had quality entertainment…now all people want is shock and stupidity. Remember how MTV used to be quality music videos? TLC actually standing for The Learning Channel? And most recently the Sci Fi Network showing great fantasy and action films before changing to that horrible logo and then adding idiotic shows like "Opposite Worlds"? Unfortunately, reality shows are much cheaper to produce and have hundreds of thousands of volunteers willing to be on TV for nothing except the chance to win a small prize, as opposed to the exorbitant salaries often demanded by professional actors.