One-on-One with the First Recruit Eliminated from the Blue Team — Worst Cooks in America

by in Shows, February 17th, 2014

Worst Cooks Blue TeamOn Worst Cooks in America, 14 recruits have the opportunity of a lifetime: to be mentored by two renowned chefs, Anne Burrell and Bobby Flay. They arrive at Boot Camp with some of the worst skills imaginable in the kitchen, but if they’re able to last seven weeks of competition without getting cut, they get the chance to be named the best of the worst and win $25,000 in prize money. Plus their mentor gets bragging rights — and this year Anne is fighting to win her title back after losing it to Bobby last season. Unfortunately, every week two recruits, one from each team, must be eliminated.

Every Monday night, FN Dish has the exclusive interviews with the eliminated recruits.

More Worst Cooks in America
Exit Interview with the Eliminated Red Team Recruit
Episode 1 Highlights (Photos)
It’s Tasting Time (Video)

During the first challenge, a baseline Skill Drill that had each recruit make his or her best dish, Muneerah cooked a spaghetti sauce that both Anne and Bobby wouldn’t taste — because it looked like a cow pie. In the end Muneerah was named the Worst Cook among the bunch, and her award was choosing her team mentor. Once on Bobby’s team, Muneerah had to make a pizza, but unfortunately she didn’t take the best notes and ended up turning out a pizza with what Bobby called “a reverse tomato sauce” because she cooked the onions in the tomatoes, instead of the other way around. Her dough also turned out more like a giant cracker than a pizza. At elimination time, Bobby felt she just wasn’t “getting it” and sent her home, leaving the Blue Team with one less teammate.

Muneerah and the MentorsDo you think Anne was a little rough on you when you presented your spaghetti casserole dish and she compared it to a cow pie?
No, not at all.

You won the worst dish after the first challenge and got to pick your team. Why did you choose Bobby’s team?
I picked Bobby’s team because I thought he would be the best chef to teach me.

Do you think you should have taken more notes during Bobby’s pizza demo? During the challenge it looked as though you were confused by your own notes. Do you regret not paying more attention?
I did pay attention and took plenty of notes. But I also thought it was wise to pay attention to technique and not have my head buried in my notebook.

When making your pizza, you made your sauce in reverse and Bobby thought your dough tasted like a saltine cracker. You seemed like you didn’t care about the results. Do you think you gave up?
I did care. I didn’t give up.

What did you learn from your team leader, Bobby?
I learned how to use a blender.

Looking ahead, is there someone on your team you think has the potential to make it all the way to the finale?
Joe, because he has the knowledge and expertise to make it!

Last-Minute Thanksgiving Tips from Bobby and Friends

Hear from Bobby and friends as they share good-to-know turkey day tips ahead of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday....

1. joni says:

This show is undoubtedly the funniest, most hilarious reality show I've seen. By far the best show I've seen in a really long time. Keep up the good work. Perhaps all the chef's (Alton Brown) should get in on this action.

• Robert says:

I'm all with you, joni on what you said. I can only hope that someone from both teams will take to heart what Bobby and Anne are trying to get across each week. And as to Alton Brown getting in on the action, his love for food science may undoubtably drive some of this year's team members CRAZY!

• beth says:

If you can, find season 2 with Robert Irvine up againt Anne. He looks like he wants to kill her by the end of that season, it's highly entertaining.

2. JCK says:

Love the show! BUT there were more commercials than there was show, PLEASE give us less commercials.

3. Nancy says:

I would Love live to see a teen- worst cook show- my daughter would be the first to volunteer as she tried to make a grilled cheese sand which and burned the bread to the point of unrecognizable char……and I am a rather good cook that Apple did not fall for her….. So sad

4. Bob says:

I wouldn't touch anything made by Anne…cover your head..Bobby all the way!

5. lmw6149 says:

I dunno, but if they don't make AMBER make a decision between the kitchen, and those damn germ infested nails, I will stop watching. Who REALLY wants to eat food made by someone with 3-4 inch nails?? I am disgusted with some of the barriers FOOD NETWORK breaks between shows on its own network.. Hum, don't taste that wine/alcohol straight from the bottle, don't lick your fingers/taste, but PLZ allow the gal with long, germs holding fingernails to be on the show..

• Fran says:

I agree. If was in a restaurant and knew she was cooking, I'd turn it down. Those nails are disgusting and germ infested. Grooossssss!

6. Bumble says:

I am disgusted with Amber's nasty nails! Even most fast tood restaurants won't allow their employees to have those long nails. They have to be full of all kinds of disgusting germs and thngs growing! I can't believe she's allowed to keep them. I bet shen she kneeds dough, it pulls all the nasty stuff out from under those nails. I'm about to gag just thinking about it!

7. Gross Nails says:

Please get rid of the woman with the nails! It is so disgusting to watch her work with food, especially when she uses her nails in the food and says, "This is when these nails come in handy." Can you imagine someone scraping food into a dish with normal length nails? How would you like to know a person shaved some pieces of some part of your dish with their fingernail? Picking that person to be on a the show was a real mistake. So unsanitary! Anne got mad when that person licked her fingers when she cooked…how is that much worse than nails in your food???

• think about it says:

Glad to read other people saw those nails as being completely inappropriate. Seriously, would Bobby Flay and Anne Burrell really allow someone to work in their restaurants with those nails?