Dreaming Up Custom Doughnut Creations — Worst Cooks in America

by in Shows, February 28th, 2014

Bobby and AnneWhen it comes to doughnuts everyone has his or her favorite, whether it’s a simple glazed doughnut, a powdered, jelly-filled one or a Boston cream. A doughnut preference is also a reflection of one’s personality, as the recruits on the next episode of Worst Cooks in America prove. In a Skill Drill challenge, Chefs Anne and Bobby test the recruits’ abilities with flavor combinations by tasking them with making doughnuts from scratch — including the dough. There will be rising, kneading and punching down!

After tasting various options from a doughnut truck, the recruits will have their own chance to create doughnuts that the mentors have asked be unique, well-balanced and flavorful. FN Dish wants to know, if you were told to come up with your own personal doughnut creation, what would you make? What would be your winning doughnut flavor combination?

Get a sneak peek of Episode 3 below.

In the comments below, tell us your idea for a filling, glaze, topping or all three in your doughnut creation. The options are only limited by your imagination, so be as over-the-top as you’d like.

What to Watch: It’s One Big Party This Weekend on Food Network

Tune into Food Network for a weekend of fun as the chefs gear up for a variety of food-filled parties and competition shows....

1. Cindy L Prior says:

For my doughnut it has to be done without any orange, lemon, lime or citrus products as I am deathly allergic to them. I carry an Epi-pen and Bendaryl at all times. So, for me, I would like raised chocolate doughnut base with a mocha custard inside topped with blackberry jam.

2. Matthew Sherwood says:

I would like to see a chocolate covered doughnut with bacon topping or bacon cream filling

3. Guest says:

For my doughnut, I would love to see it be a combination of cranberry sauce and pumpkin butter and spice – the very essences of New England in the fall. And for the topping, some vanilla buttercream mixed with rum!

4. Sammyb says:

A coffee flavored doughnut with espresso frosting and chocolate sprinkles….maybe filled with cookie dough!!!!!

5. Double Standard says:

I am SO over Anne's use of sexual innuendo on this show. Last week, it was all about poking soft breasts. This week, she's beating her meat. It's childish, adolescent, locker room talk unbecoming a professional chef on a prime time show on the FoodNetwork. The FoodNetwork fired Paula Deen for a racial slander she made 20 years ago. Where's your filter with Anne?

• Eve says:

They can't fire her or reprimand her…GLAAD would be all over the food network for discrimination..yep they'd pull out that card, you know they would.

6. MoHub says:

I really have to question the wisdom having people who can't boil water or chop an onion work with yeast doughs and deep fryers. There are so many basics they need to learn first, and as I recall from the first two or three seasons of Worst Cooks, there was more teaching of core skills and less gimmickry.

7. I'd probably make a s'mores donut with toasted marshmallows, buttered cinnamon cereal, and cinnamon chocolate ganache. Seems like a great doughnut, and that dude Mike Glazer seems pretty rad. Cool clothes too.

8. Gross Nails says:

Please get rid of the woman with the nails! It is so disgusting to watch her work with food, especially when she uses her nails in the food and says, "This is when these nails come in handy." Can you imagine someone scraping food into a dish with normal length nails? How would you like to know a person shaved some pieces of some part of your dish with their fingernail? Picking that person to be on a the show was a real mistake. So unsanitary! Anne got mad when that person licked her fingers when she cooked…how is that much worse than nails in your food??? And I love Anne :D