- No Comments
Warm, comforting and hearty, casseroles may be the ultimate family-friendly meal. After all, when it comes to preparing nightly meals at home, many look to easy-to-make all-in-one dishes, and casseroles fit the bill every time. They’re a cinch to pull off in a hurry, and most recipes yield extra servings that guarantee you leftovers for lunch or dinner tomorrow. Check out Food Network’s top-five casseroles below to find the most-satisfying comfort foods from The Pioneer Woman, Rachael, Giada and more Food Network chefs.
5. Chicken Spaghetti — For added taste and texture, Ree uses both white and dark shredded chicken, plus cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese, which promise decadent results. Click the play button on the video after the jump to watch Ree make it.
4. Sunny’s Tuna Noodle Casserole — The secret to Sunny’s timeless recipe is the mushroom-herb sauce she makes to coat the tuna, peas and pasta. It’s laced with Worcestershire and horseradish for subtle bite, and the thick texture is deliciously creamy and rich.
3. Sloppy Joe and Macaroni — Skip the burger bun and celebrate your favorite sloppy joe flavors alongside pasta instead. After making her own tomato sauce with fresh peppers and garlic, Rachael adds ground beef and noodles, then tops the casserole with a blanket of cheese before baking.
2. Beef and Bean Taco Casserole — Ready to eat in less than an hour, this fuss-free dish is a deconstructed version of the classic taco, featuring spiced ground beef with pinto beans, crunchy tortilla chips and plenty of gooey cheeses. Finish with your pick of traditional toppings, including sour cream, jalapeno and cool avocado.
1. Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables — By roasting onions, bell peppers, zucchini and squash ahead of time, Giada ensures that they turn out sweet in her meat-free pasta bake, made with classic marinara sauce and laced with creamy fontina, smoked mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.