The Search for the Best of the Worst — Worst Cooks in America Is Back for Season 5

by in Shows, January 13th, 2014

Bobby and AnneWorst Cooks in America returns with a new season on Monday, Feb. 17 at 9pm/8c. Chefs Anne Burrell and Bobby Flay are back again to coach 14 kitchen disasters, turning them (hopefully) into culinary successes with seven weeks of Boot Camp. Every week the recruits, who will be divided into two teams, have to face two grueling challenges that aren’t necessarily related to the kitchen — certain field trips will show these amateurs where their food comes from — and one member from each team will be sent home.

At the end of Boot Camp, the title of Best Worst Cook will go to the most-improved recruit, who will win $25,000 and earn his or her mentor highly coveted bragging rights. Last season, Bobby earned his first-ever win, facing off against formerly undefeated series champ, Anne. Watch the premiere on Monday, Feb. 17 at 9pm/8c to find out which mentor will win this season.

In the Season 5 premiere, Chefs Anne and Bobby greet the 14 new recruits in Boot Camp and immediately put them to work. Each contestant has to cook his or her “signature” dish, which Anne and Bobby will taste and critique. Then Anne and Bobby divide up the recruits to form teams before sending them off on their first high-stakes cooking challenge: to make a pizza. At the end of the cook-off, the dishes will be tasted by the mentors and the recruit with the least successful dish from each team will be sent home, leaving 12 to face off the following week.

Watch an exclusive extended preview of Season 5 below.

Watch the Premiere on Monday, Feb. 17 at 9pm/8c.

Gear Up for a Week of Guy and of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives Specials

Food Network is offering a week full of mouthwatering Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives specials starting Dec. 22....

1. Kelly Knosby says:

Just hope another rude and disgusting Joshie DOESN'T WIN!! He can go crawl back under a pond of scum where he belongs!!

2. Kay says:

Anne vs flay AGAIN. The competitors are more actors than amateur chefs AGAIN.

It makes me sad to see where this show has gone.

3. CTMom says:

I love this show! So funny. very entertaining!

4. Jeff Williams says:

When are the applications being accepted for the next worst cooks season? I have the perfect candidate

5. Experienced cook says:

Is Jaimie in the current season male or female?

• Guest says:

I am so glad that I am not the only one who was wondering about that! I am an experienced nurse and know my anatomy and still couldn't tell. Guess we will have to see if he or she walks out of the men's or the women's bunk room, if no one one answers.

6. Susan Potter says:

Hard to believe anyone could be so inept in the kitchen. Inept is a kind word for it. My first time
    to watch, won't bother again. An insult to my intelligence!

• K Graham says:

Sadly the more I watch to include previous episodes the more you can see the awesome acting abilities of key people on the show. Shame on the FN for insulting the everyday watcher. TRY A SHOW WITH ACTUAL PEOPLE…NOT ACTORS YOU HAVE HIRED

7. Byron says:

Got to say that I LOVE Worst Cooks!! I think it's the best show on Food Network, so funny!!!

8. Shellie says:

Long nails in the kitchen are extremely unhealthy. They carry bacteria from outside sources, can contaminate the food, and get food stuck in and fall out of them.
    Amber's long figure nails are so repulsive and unsanitary, I am unable to watch this seaon's show. if the chef's are teaching the public the proper way to cook, they should of had Amber cut her nails.

9. Kathy Carroll says:

I like Anne hair is this style so much more than last year & the year before that & and the year before that……so on and on!