The New FoodNetwork.com Is Here!

by in News, January 23rd, 2014

FoodNetwork.com Home Page

It’s ready! We are so excited to introduce FoodNetwork.com’s freshest look, with all-new, improved ways of discovering the best recipes, videos, tips, restaurants, chefs and shows around. After months of planning and plotting, testing and tweaking, our cleaner, smarter, easy-to-browse site is ready for prime time.

“We’re thrilled to roll out our rebuilt sites for desktop and mobile this week,” said Angela Moore, vice president of Food Network’s digital group. “FoodNetwork.com’s new design, navigation, search and overall experience enable our audience to find the content and tools they need to make their lives — and meals! — easier, more enriched and more fun.”

Here’s a quick tour of the new look and feel:

At your fingertips are your favorite chefs, their recipes, their shows and even their exclusive digital content, like Bobby Flay Fit, complete with bolder visuals and easier-to-navigate pages filled with videos, recipes and tips.

Bobby Flay Fit on FoodNetwork.com

We know you crave information about what to watch, and you want to find it as quickly as possible, discovering what’s new on air as well as when you can see your favorite shows. So we’ve updated our program guide for fast searching.

FoodNetwork.com Program Guide

We wanted the new site to be bolder, brighter, modern, smart and fun. You’ll notice that social sharing tools are simple to find without getting in the way of photo galleries, videos and tip-filled articles.

The Social Toolbar on FoodNetwork.com

And because sometimes you just want to get dinner on the table (or the party started!), we’ve gathered and streamlined the look of  our  in-the-moment coverage of eaters’ favorite recipes, holidays and events, like the Super Bowl. Our Big-Game Bash is big-game central, taking you from the best kickoff appetizers to easy fan-favorite desserts. You’ll find the look cleaner, better organized and quick to browse on your computer. Don’t forget to try out our all-new Recipe Box, too; save Food Network recipes, your own and those from other websites, and keep your shopping list synced no matter which device you’re using—easy!

Big-Game Bash on FoodNetwork.com

Here’s a look at what you’ll see in our mobile experience when you’re on your phone at the market, getting ingredients or standing in line deciding what to make for dinner:

FoodNetwork.com Mobile

But we also know that sometimes food tastes best when you’re on the road, so we’ve improved our restaurant coverage, giving you up-to-date searchable listings of all the diners, drive-ins, dives and top-notch sit-down spots our shows and chefs are visiting, so that you can, too.

On the Road on FoodNetwork.com

These are just a handful of the new features we’ve cooked up to improve the time you spend with Food Network. Click around and have some fun finding many more. We hope you’re pleased, and we’re excited to hear from you. Tell us what you think!

Friends Turns 20 with Central Perk Pop-Up and Free Coffee in NYC

It was 1994 when fans first met Chandler, Joey, Monica, Phoebe, Rachael and Ross, the six now-beloved friends who made up the heart of the cast on NBC...

1. LBTX says:

Yeah, I don't understand all the links in the recipe. What a waste of ink.

2. Susan says:

Please bring back the old website! I don't like the new one. Too hard to navigate through. Plus, I'm so frustrated trying to print out the recipes. I can't read them once they are printed because there are too many hyper links. Has anyone figured out how to turn them off?

3. Gumby says:

Totally Agree with EVERY SINGLE COMMENT BELOW! This new site BLOWS!

I just want to print yer darn recipes! FIX IT!

Almost as worthless as the Food Network Channel has become! Great Work!

4. Calvin says:

Looks like a web site for an Iphone. I think I'll pass and just Goggle recipes.

5. Tracy says:

I always went to food network for recipes and printed them and made dinner…not any more. Why bother watching if all I get is frustrated who has the time hate website. I am out.

6. hayjenna says:

Wow not only did you take out the filters to whittle down the recipe lists you made finding the lesser know chefs impossible. I usually print all my holiday recipes here not even that would be worth the time.
    Today I was looking for a recipe for leeks and chicken and got results for well over a hundred results and no way to narrow the results.
    Food network should fire whoever designed this piece of junk.

7. Laura says:

The "new" FN web-site is NOT user friendly. NOT FUN to use. Next to impossible to find my favorite chef's recipes, have to sort through 100's of recipe to find my favorite chef's.
    The site's appearance is not better, bolder…etc….it's UGLY.
    FN….why not change it back, to the other format? This new one is BLAH, DULL, UGLY, and NOT helpful.

8. Laura says:

The new site is AWFUL! HUGE failure. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the old site. Why should it be so hard to find a recipe and print it??? Or find a chef, or a favorite cooking show? This is very frustrating. You should fire whoever designed the new site immediately and bring back the old one. Seriously. Worst redesign of a site ever. I miss the old FN site…… ;-(

9. Cuppkake says:

I hate hate hate this new website! It is not user friendly. There is too much activity and too many pop-ups on the screen. It's much more difficult to find and print out recipes. I used to use this site almost everyday. Now it's very rare that I do. And once I do, I remember once again why I stopped using it. Worst website ever!

10. MMG says:

Please, please, please change this awful website. I can't find anything anymore. All I see is comments on how much everybody hates this new website but nothing is being done about it. Come on, Food Network!