Inside The Kitchen’s Snackadium, Plus Game-Day Snack Recipes

by in Recipes, Shows, January 25th, 2014

The Kitchen Co-HostsJust in time for next week’s big game, the co-hosts on The Kitchen — along with Rob Del Balzo, a caterer — created a super snack platter worthy of not just any tailgate but the ultimate football showdown. This “snackadium,” modeled after a traditional football stadium, was almost overflowing with classic and creative munchies alike, including fresh vegetables, crackers and pretzels, plus pigs in blankets and Jeff’s meaty mortadella sandwiches.

In true stadium fashion, this snack amphitheater came complete with a scaled-down JumboTron — a tablet that broadcast the co-hosts — and a map of sections that detailed where each snack would sit.

Snackadium Sections

As you prepare to host your big-game bash next weekend, check out Food Network’s football headquarters to find go-to snacks, like winning salsas and guacamoles, easy pigs in blankets, loaded nachos and sticky, saucy chicken wings, as well as beer-laced cocktails, hearty chilis and sweet desserts. Check out a few of FN Dish’s favorite touchdown-worthy eats and drinks below, then click the play button on the video at the bottom to watch Food Network Kitchens create an over-the-top, 6-foot-long super sub.

Snacks:

Game-Day Chocolate Cake
Peanut Swirl Brownies
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almost-Famous Maple-Butter Blondies
Mississippi Mud Pie

Move Over, Competitors; the Chopped Judges Are Cooking After Hours

Needless to say, the judges on Chopped know a thing or two about cooking, so watching from the sidelines gives them a unique perspective on the compet...

1. mallory says:

jeff is great. his recipes are classy and i always learn something when i watch him cook; not to mention how funny he is. sunny is the worse. her recipes are trailer trash…not to offend anyone living in trailers. she has no skill in the kitchen. her "recipes" are pitiful and she adds no depth to conversation.

• Kay says:

Please don't speak ugly of Sunny, Mallory, she is just like her name 'she is like a sunny day, she is very nice, pretty, and very intelligent. I hope she is not offended by small potatoes as you'.

2. Debbie says:

Where can I find the recipe for the Velveeta and corn bread?

3. JoMac says:

Where can I find the recipe for the Velveeta corn bread?

4. CIE says:

This show was very upsetting. The idea for the snackadium was seen on social media by a rep for The Food Network. The 3 young women who created the TOTALLy edible version were contacted by The Food Network and were asked questions about their creation and ASKED to submit pictures! They were told that it would be featured on this episode. Not only were they never mentioned but NONE of the pictures were shown!! Mean way to treat 3 fine young ladies who never contacted the network on their own.

• shannon says:

Ahh, thanks for th e info. I saw the girls you were referencing on GMA, I thought they had ripped off the idea. I appreciate the truth. Not very nice FN.

5. Mac says:

This website is not easy to use…can't get the previous recipes from the earlier shows plus you need what the name of the recipe is. Where is the previous months recipes? Go back to the previous format as it was easier to find recipes. Thanks…a long time viewer

6. Tara says:

Loved Katy's sweatshirt, the one she wore in the snackadium show. Can you tell me where she got it?

7. Carl says:

By the way…the "Sins of Our Fathers" Imperial Stout featured on the show is NOT made in Indiana…it's brewed by one of my favorite local breweries in IDAHO!! Crooked Fence is located in Garden City, IDAHO. Even though Stouts and dark beers aren't to my liking, they do make a couple of great IPA's (Rusty Nail and Devil's Pick)

8. Susan says:

I agree with many other comments – definitely prefer the old web site! Maybe I'm missing something, but I still haven't figured out how to save a recipe to a sub folder. I click on "save" and it replies "saved" but it just goes into the main recipe box. Can someone please help me out here? Thanks!

9. Cheri says:

Do not like the new format either. Just hard to find anything. What they made that day is not even shown and then there were no recipes shown for other items they had in the snackadium.

10. Sharon says:

Do not like the new format. So hard to find anything. I am not crazy about The Kitchen. Way way too much talk and silliness. I watch Food Network to get ideas on good recipes. I liked where I could click on the recipes that are made that day on TV or while its being televised and perhaps save to my recipe box if it looks good. I have no idea where that is located now. I have been all over this new format and cannot find. Not real happy.

• guest says:

I don't like this show either, I was very excited about it but the game day show was a joke, who would build that stadium? Not to mention the food on the stadium looked more like people would want than what was cooked on the show, To save the budget they could keep the two Jeffs and Sunny and ditch the other two. Paula Dean should be available.