Just this morning on a brand-new episode of The Kitchen, co-hosts Sunny Anderson and Geoffrey Zakarian showed off a duo of recipes for the humble chicken wing. This game-day favorite is a blank canvas for almost all ingredients, but often one of two tastes ends up reigning supreme: spicy or sweet. While both Geoffrey and Sunny deep-fried their wings until the skin was deliciously crispy and the meat juicy, Geoffrey opted for a slightly spicy rendition with piquillo peppers and cumin in his BBQ Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Butter, and Sunny celebrated the sweeter flavor of pomegranate juice and hoisin sauce in her Sticky Onion Crunch Wings. Both finished wings proved deliciously sticky, but Geoffrey’s featured smoky notes while Sunny’s were subtly sweet without losing their savory bite.
Before you pick which team you’re rooting for in this year’s big game, FN Dish is challenging you to select which side you’re on in the great debate of sweet versus spicy chicken wings. Cast your vote below to tell us which flavor profile you prefer, then find party-ready recipes for both kinds of wings after the jump.
Spicy Chicken Wing Recipes
- BBQ Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Butter
- Classic Hot Wings (pictured above)
- Bobby Flay’s Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce
- Chile-Rubbed Wings
- The Neelys’ Spicy Fried Wings
Sweet Chicken Wing Recipes
- Sticky Onion Crunch Wings
- Orange-Glazed Chicken Wings
- Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Sticky Honey-Soy Chicken Wings
- Honey-Glazed Chicken Wings with Snow Peas
Tune in to an all-new episode of The Kitchen every Saturday at 11am/10c.
- 2 Ways to Put Those Cans of Tuna to Good Use
- A Mom-and-Son Road Trip to Remember: Vinny & Ma Eat America
- Naked Apple Layer Cake with Caramel Frosting and Mini Butterscotch Apples
- What to Watch: Pantry Hacks on The Kitchen, and the Finales of Guy’s Superstar Grocery Games and The Great Food Truck Race