Just last week on an all-new episode of The Kitchen, the co-hosts took to FoodNetwork.com to find out which three ingredients were most searched by fans, and it turns out that when it comes to home cooking, simplicity and health reign supreme. Chicken, the ultimate family-friendly dinner, leads the way in searches, followed by good-for-you kale and quinoa, so Marcela combined these picks into one simple dish: Chile-Rubbed Chicken Breast with Kale, Quinoa and Brussels Sprouts Salad. Instead of featuring all three ingredients on one plate, FN Dish is breaking them down, showcasing three of the best recipes for each chicken, kale and quinoa on FoodNetwork.com; read on below to find must-try soups, salads and all-in-one suppers alike for these fan-favorite ingredients.
3. Chicken Piccata — Quickly coated in flour and cooked until tender, Giada’s easy chicken dinner is topped with a classically bold sauce of lemon and capers.
2. Easy Chicken Pot Pie — Thanks to Sunny’s shortcut of using store-bought dough as the pastry topping, this creamy, hearty pot pie can be on the table in less than 45 minutes.
1. Perfect Roast Chicken (pictured above) — Stick with Ina’s no-fail method of buttering the bird and roasting it with lemon and herbs to turn out a juicy, flavor-packed chicken every time.
3. Crunchy Kale Salad with Walnuts and Pecorino — Dressed with a simple mixture of olive oil and lemon juice, Guy’s 15-minute salad features colorful radicchio alongside the kale, plus fragrant basil, crunchy walnuts and shaved pecorino cheese for a simple bite.
2. Gnocchi with Squash and Kale — Opt for prepared potato gnocchi to save time in the kitchen, and feature them alongside golden-brown butternut squash, fresh kale and nutty Parmesan cheese.
1. Crispy Kale “Chips” — Made with just three ingredients, kale, salt and olive oil, Melissa’s snack-worthy vegetable chips turn out deliciously crunchy after just a few minutes in the oven.
3. Chicken and Quinoa Soup — Update the everyday chicken noodle soup by swapping in quinoa, flavoring the broth with Cajun seasoning and finishing each bowl with cool, tangy sour cream.
2. Spice-Rubbed Pork with Quinoa — Coated with red pepper flakes and smoked quinoa, lean pork tenderloins are roasted until tender and served with a corn-quinoa salad to round out this 35-minute meal.
1. Quinoa with Garlic, Pine Nuts and Raisins — Ideal for a quick-fix lunch or simple side dish to meats and fish, this go-to quinoa salad boasts an array of textures and fresh flavors, thanks to crunchy pine nuts, chewy raisins and a drizzle of fresh lemon juice.