Guy’s Grocery Games Wants Your Ideas for Next Season

by in Shows, January 17th, 2014

Guy Fieri and chefsWhile watching the Season 1 finale of Guy’s Grocery Games this Sunday at 8pm/7c, you know to expect some of the craziest challenges. When Guy sends the contestants out to shop for their ingredients, he pretty much springs anything on them, whether it’s a challenge that requires them to cook only with frozen ingredients or a shopping trip where they must gather everything without using carts.

This season’s challenges have included Can Can, Out of Stock, 5 Items or Less, Grocery List, Budget Battle, Frozen Food Feud, Single-Aisle Showdown, Bag Swap, Closing Time and No Carts Allowed. But for the coming season, Food Network wants to hear your ideas. Fans of Triple G, do you have any crazy shopping challenges that you’ve thought of while watching the show? Your idea might just make it into the new season.

Food Network would love to hear what ideas you’ve had while tuning in to the show. Share your ideas now in the comments below. Come up with a new game for Guy’s Grocery Games and you might just see Guy announcing it the next time you’re watching.

Get a preview of the final episode of Season 1 below:

What to Watch: Celebrating Tomato Season on The Kitchen and Bold Flavors from the Grill with Bobby Flay

Get ready for some bold summer recipes and all-new competition this weekend on Food Network. First, join Trisha Yearwood as she cooks up her favorite ...

1. Lin from NJ says:

I really love some of these ideas! I absolutely love this show….I'm a Guy fan anyway, and he is really great with this show. I would like to suggest an all vegetarian show or at least a vegetarian challenge. Maybe a vegetarian challenge AND a vegan challenge! That would be interesting right? I'm a vegetarian so I would really be interested in seeing how they would handle it.

2. Brian says:

A vegetarian Challenge , using only 5 ingredients from a can.

Have a special themed Game. Example: Hockey, Christmas, Halloween, etc.

Best burger Challenge: Make a gourmet burger out of Veggie Burgers that contestants make (the burgers) from scratch.

3. Robert says:

Make them have to get ALL of their cooking gear from the store. Knives, Spiders, cooking spoons etc…

4. sierramichele says:

Alright so the premise of this game is to shop and cook from a "real grocery store". But, what kind of grocery store doesn't have a lot of people meandering around getting in the way? I think it would be awesome to get a bunch of people in the store and have the competitors have to deal with a crowd like we have to do everyday. And not only that but maybe have stock boys restocking and such. :D I think everyone would get a kick out of that.

5. Frank says:

I like the show but do not like Guy. He is way too obnoxious to enjoy the show. He may have won the show to be a host but needs lessons from hosts such as Alton Brown, Ted Allen, and Bobby Flay.

6. Lts2say says:

Make them prepare a meal using only the ingredients found at the salad bar.
    Make them prepare a meal whereas they can only use items beginning with a specific letter.

7. Kris Wines says:

Love this game and show! I think you should open it up around Mothers Day for "Amateur Mother Chefs" . You want good ratings?…. And good food? I'm up for the challenge. We know the store better than the kids that stck it!

8. dave riva says:

Does anyone know about the finale winner chef Jay? I have a company that wants to contribute to his program helping kids out of prison. There is no info I can find about him here, not even his last name. Please post ANY additional information if you can or please email me.

Thanks.
    Daveriva@aol.com

9. I like the idea of using only certain letter items.

10. Linda Hughes says:

I would like to see real moms who have never taken a cooking class compete and the judges maybe a teenager, a bachelor,and a husband, not related to any of contestants. I watch the show and love thinking of the things a normal mom would make.