Get to Know Jake Pavelka — Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off

by in Shows, January 1st, 2014

Jake PavelkaFN Dish is counting down to the Season 3 premiere of Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off by introducing a new celebrity contestant every day. During the competition, the celebrities will be tested in a number of different challenges to see who has the most culinary chops. The winner will be awarded the title of Cook-Off Champion and $50,000 for the charity of his or her choice. Watch the premiere Monday, Jan. 6 at 9pm/8c, and keep coming back to FN Dish for exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes content.

Pilot Jake Pavelka began flying at the age of 12, and became an airline captain and flight instructor at 23. He holds a degree in aerospace engineering. Jake first appeared on TV as a contestant on The Bachelorette and returned as the star of the next season of The Bachelor. He has also appeared on Bachelor Pad and Dancing with the Stars. Even though he won’t be handing out any roses this time, Jake hopes to show there’s a more romantic side to cooking. Jake is playing for Tag the World.

Describe your cooking style in three words.
Jake Pavelka: Romantic, spicy, edgy

What’s the first food you recall making?
JP: Lemon Pepper Chicken

Who is your favorite chef or food TV personality, past or present?
JP: Giada De Laurentiis

What food will we never catch you eating?
JP: Liver

What’s your signature dish?
JP: Beef Barley Stew

What’s your guilty pleasure food?
JP: Chocolate

What’s your favorite kitchen tool that you can’t live without?
JP: Sharp knives

What’s the weirdest item we’d be surprised to find in your fridge?
JP: Duck sauce

What music do you like to listen to in the kitchen?
JP: Gipsy Kings

Going into Rachael vs. Guy, who would you pick as your biggest competition and why?
JP: Tiffany! She is very versed and calm in the kitchen.

Why do you want to be the next Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off Champion?
JP: Cooking is one of the most-effective ways to romance a girl. It breaks the ice and it’s something you can do together. People don’t know that I can actually cook.

Rapid fire: Think fast!
Sweet or Savory? Savory
Coffee or Tea? Tea
Vanilla or Chocolate? Chocolate
Ketchup, Mustard or Mayo? Ketchup
French Fries or Onion Rings? French Fries
Salt or Pepper? Salt
Burger or Hot Dog? Burger
Beer, Wine or Liquor? Wine

The Flavors of Ham and Cheese in a Savory Bread Pudding

For this week’s Chopped Dinner Challenge, the chefs of Food Network Kitchen chose to feature the basket ingredient Camembert. Inspired by a chee...

1. john swartz says:

I like but am not on facebook and would like to see him win

2. Carol says:

SERIOUSLY Food Network??? Jake Pavelka??? Can't stand the sight of him and not sure if I can make it past him being on it to watch. I may have to wait until he is off, hopefully VERY soon, and then can watch. I find him VERY offensive!

• Joe says:

Never seen him before this pic. He has that "Hi, babe. I'm here to fix your drainpipes" sort of look. Maybe that's why he's offensive? I don't know. No idea who he is.

3. Deanna Erstad says:

Really? Are you so desperate for "celebrities" that you can't find better than Jake? He's no celebrity – he's an egotistical jerk….won't be watching that show….I love Guy and Rachel, but I can't stand to watch Jake…he turns my stomach!

4. Lin says:

PLEEEZE! I was so looking forward to watching the new celebrity season but seriously, who would ever consider or refer to Jake as a "celebrity." What has he accomplished to take the name "celebrity" – I am so disappointed in your choice. He is, in no way, deserving to be on a show with REAL celebrities!!!!!
    I instantly lost interest at the first episode, I think he is cocky & arrogant and thinks he's all that, this is an insult to those that have earned the name celebrity & an insult to those who wanted to watch a CELEBRITY challenge. I can't stand his face. TOTALLY TURNED OFF & TUNED OUT!!!!!

5. madi26 says:

I think Jake and Ali Fedotowsky should be removed from being celebrities. They both always wanted the fame. Never were looking for real love. Look at Ali, she is so involved with Mano or whatever his name is because he loves the fame too. That is all she really wants. They don't even look romantic together. NOTHING sparkles when you see them, NOTHING!! Maybe it was best Roberto left her. He deserves someone so much better than her. Thank goodness his with Sara. He still has that romantic look in him or whenever they post of picture of both him and Sara, you can tell there is so much romance!!

6. Lynn Richard says:

I do not like Jake at all, he is NOT a celebrity did he beg to be on your show? Yuck. I am still watching because of the real celebrities. Can not wait till he is gone.

7. Julia says:

Jake is really centered on his background from competition and romance. Because he uses so much of his background he brings something new to the "Rachel vs Guy" table. I would LOVE to see him, Vanilla ice or Florence win.

For those who don't think he is a celebrity, he was on "dancing with the stars" and "the bachelor" and "the bachelorette" He qualifies as a star in my book!!!!!!!!!!

And on honestly guys, are you really gonna complain about this?!?!?!?!?! They're doing it for charity!!!!!

8. anonymous says:

Thank goodness Jake the snake is off the show…..he is repulsive! Most definitely an arrogant jerk! YUCK!