Cutthroat Kitchen Outtakes: Behind the Scenes with Alton and Giada

by in Shows, January 3rd, 2014

Fans of Cutthroat Kitchen may think that, given the timed pantry shopping, high-stakes bidding and ruthless sabotaging that takes place in each and every round, there would be few opportunities for laughs or games in the midst of the competition. But Giada De Laurentiis disproves that idea this week when she drops by to guest judge a special episode of the show. She and Alton Brown, longtime colleagues and familiar judge-mentors on Food Network Star, have seemingly developed an almost sibling-like relationship, so it’s no surprise that when they teamed up on Cutthroat Kitchen, playful bickering and well-meaning, friendly scoffs ensued.

Just in time for this Sunday’s episode with Giada, airing at 10pm/9c, we’re giving FN Dish readers the first look at some of the most-hilarious bloopers from the show. Click the play button on the video above to watch bonus outtakes of Giada and Alton in action, and see how these two worked together.

Check back to Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen headquarters on Sunday night to watch Giada on Alton’s Web-exclusive After-Show.

Poll: Your Favorite Burger Condiment and More — Play Along with Hungry Games

Think of a meaty, juicy burger. Now ask yourself: What makes that burger so desirable? In the next episode of Hungry Games, this Monday at 8|7c, Richa...

1. JONI says:

PRODUCERS! Did you not read the negative comments ffrom the Thanksgiving show. We are tured and overdosed on these two, dont care for their "sibling like" bickering. It is incredibly annoying as is the whole format of this show. Wont be one of your viewers. Loved The Kitchen for all the reasons I cant stand this one.

2. Joi says:

Doesn't Food Network have anyone but Guy – I do enjoy some of his shows but I'm REALLY sick of whole evenings of Diners, Drive ins & Dives and then we have Guys grocery games, Guy vs Rachel Celeberty Cook, Guy vs Rachel w/kids, Guy's Big Bite, plus his specials for the holidays and his family vacation, etc. I'm sick of him! Give us a break – give us evenings of Giada, or Ina or a mix of them… If we have to have an overload of 1 of your stars give us days & nights of Good Eats with Alton Brown he's fun, entertaining and educational all in one… But please cut back on Guy. I'm tired of seeing him and will just skip FN altogether.

3. Sandy says:

A idea for Cutthroat Kitchen. Auction off a Easy Bake Oven, an take away cook stove. I love this show I even have my husband hooked on watching it with me.

4. 86sweetnheat says:

Hey Folks. Just joined. Been a Food Network ADDICT for ages now tho. For all the love i have, I need to say my (minority im sure) opinion is what a travesty that cooking has been thrown into the realm of competition. This IS america however so ive learned to deal (even to some degree with the horrific association of food with WAR) This "Cutthroat" idea tho is so gimmicky and mean-spirited, I could hurl.
    This is especially disheartening because the entire reason Im such a fan is because, early on, Alton taught me so much about the actual dynamics and science of food preparation. To me, aside from maybe the COMFORTING aspects provided by an Ina or a Giada cooking in my home, thats all Im really here for. :)

5. Lucille says:

Can't believe Cutthroat Kitchen is back. "Bullying" on Food Network REALLY??? Will not watch another episode. "The Kitchen" is great. Please more shows like that and do away with cutthroat anything.

6. guest says:

Ughhhhhhhh! Can't watch tonite….just can't take anymore of Giada. What a princess! I know several people who have had a chance to work with or around her, and she's a total witch!!! Can't do it….will watch another channel.

7. Meme says:

I like the shows that Alton hosts,BUT enough is enough. This show is only better that the swamp men! We need something different.

8. Seb says:

I love the way these two interact. It's a nice change from all the "serious business," especially from Simon Majumdar. I want more Giada and Alton.

And to all the people who call this show "mean-spirited" and "bullying". . .oh puuuuhleeeeeease. Get over yourselves. It's wonderful to see how chefs get around all these issues, and some are just downright funny. They know what they're getting into. It's not bullying, it's competition.

9. Mrs. McG says:

I'm really hoping for a series of Cutthroat Kitchen episodes with Food Network/Celebrity Chefs! It' would be so entertaining to see them compete in this arena! My husband and I love the food network and this show in particular. We hope its on the air for a long time!

P.S. Unlike previous comments we still adore Guy, Giada, Alton, etc. at our house but I will say that it would be really neat to see more of the new Food Network Stars in the regular rotation. Justin Warner was my favorite and I haven't seen much of him on the Food Network since he won the Next Food Network Star.