It’s time for 12 Days of Cookies, Food Network’s annual virtual cookie swap. Each day, visit us here on FN Dish for a peek at new holiday cookies, party-planning tips and top techniques for rolling, spooning, slicing, baking and decorating delicious sweet treats to give — or keep — from your favorite Food Network chefs
If you’re craving chocolate and coconut, skip a time-intensive German chocolate cake in favor of Sunny’s quick cookies. She starts with a basic cookie recipe and then adds cocoa powder, chocolate chips, coconut and pecans to give it the German-chocolate-cake twist. It’s a simple cookie recipe that’s ready in just 30 minutes.
Get Sunny Anderson’s German Chocolate Cake Cookies recipe, and check out 12 Days of Cookies for dozens more recipes and holiday baking inspiration. Then, join the conversation: Tell us what you’re baking this season and what your all-time favorite cookie is.
• Find recipes for our Top Holiday Cookies and bake up a batch in your kitchen.
• See Top Chocolate Holiday Cookies.
• Host your best cookie swap yet with these easy party ideas from Cooking Channel.
• Learn how to decorate cookies like the pros.
• Show us your best cookie creations.
- 5 Nontraditional Valentine’s Day Dining Ideas: No Reservations Required!
- Your Weekender Recipe: Ina’s Chocolate Truffles (the Only Valentine’s Day Treat You Need)
- 5 Ways to Eat Chocolate for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Valentine’s Day
- Melt Hearts with Handmade Chocolate Sweets — Comfort Food Feast