It’s time for 12 Days of Cookies, Food Network’s annual virtual cookie swap. Each day, visit us here on FN Dish for a peek at new holiday cookies, party-planning tips and top techniques for rolling, spooning, slicing, baking and decorating delicious sweet treats to give — or keep — from your favorite Food Network chefs
Jeff’s holiday cookie is inspired by spumoni, which is traditionally a molded Italian dessert featuring different layers of ice cream (cherry, pistachio and either chocolate or vanilla) along with candied fruits and nuts. Jeff puts his twist on the Italian classic by turning those memorable flavors into a “spumookie” complete with chocolate chips, pistachios and dried cherries.
Get Jeff Mauro’s Italian Spumoni Cookies recipe, and check out 12 Days of Cookies for dozens more recipes and holiday baking inspiration. Then, join the conversation: Tell us what you’re baking this season and what your all-time favorite cookie is.
• Find recipes for our Top Holiday Cookies and bake up a batch in your kitchen.
• See Top Fruit-Filled Cookies.
• Host your best cookie swap yet with these easy party ideas from Cooking Channel.
• Learn how to decorate cookies like the pros.
• Show us your best cookie creations.