It’s time for 12 Days of Cookies, Food Network’s annual virtual cookie swap. Each day, visit us here on FN Dish for a peek at new holiday cookies, party-planning tips and top techniques for rolling, spooning, slicing, baking and decorating delicious sweet treats to give — or keep — from your favorite Food Network chefs
Requiring just five ingredients and 20 minutes’ of prep time, Alton’s macaroons are a quick cookie fix. Toast sweetened shredded coconut until golden before folding it into whipped egg whites, sugar and vanilla. These cookies bake into golden-brown bites, but their insides stay nice and moist.
Get Alton Brown’s Toasty Coconut Macaroons recipe, and check out 12 Days of Cookies for dozens more recipes and holiday baking inspiration. Then, join the conversation: Tell us what you’re baking this season and what your all-time favorite cookie is.
• Find recipes for our Top Holiday Cookies and bake up a batch in your kitchen.
• See Top Sugar and Butter Cookies.
• Host your best cookie swap yet with these easy party ideas from Cooking Channel.
• Learn how to decorate cookies like the pros.
• Show us your best cookie creations.
- 5 Nontraditional Valentine’s Day Dining Ideas: No Reservations Required!
- Your Weekender Recipe: Ina’s Chocolate Truffles (the Only Valentine’s Day Treat You Need)
- 5 Ways to Eat Chocolate for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Valentine’s Day
- Melt Hearts with Handmade Chocolate Sweets — Comfort Food Feast