It’s time for 12 Days of Cookies, Food Network’s annual virtual cookie swap. Each day, visit us here on FN Dish for a peek at new holiday cookies, party-planning tips and top techniques for rolling, spooning, slicing, baking and decorating delicious sweet treats to give — or keep — from your favorite Food Network chefs
These holiday cookies make a beautiful gift, thanks to their pretty presentation. One of the essential steps in Alex’s recipe is creaming the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer for about 5 to 8 minutes. Don’t skimp on time, as the ingredients will get lighter and fluffier as you go. Sandwich the freshly baked cookies with raspberry jam and dust them with powdered sugar.
Get Alex Guarnaschelli’s Linzer Star Sandwich Cookies recipe, and check out 12 Days of Cookies for dozens more recipes and holiday baking inspiration. Then, join the conversation: Tell us what you’re baking this season and what your all-time favorite cookie is.
• Find recipes for our Top Holiday Cookies and bake up a batch in your kitchen.
• See Top Fruity Holiday Cookies.
• Host your best cookie swap yet with these easy party ideas from Cooking Channel.
• Learn how to decorate cookies like the pros.
• Show us your best cookie creations.
- You’ll Heart These Tiny Hamsters Eating Tiny Food on a Tiny Date
- 5 Nontraditional Valentine’s Day Dining Ideas: No Reservations Required!
- Your Weekender Recipe: Ina’s Chocolate Truffles (the Only Valentine’s Day Treat You Need)
- 5 Ways to Eat Chocolate for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Valentine’s Day