Stay for Leftovers: Thanksgiving Live! Google+ Hangout

by in Holidays, Shows, November 23rd, 2013

Google HangoutThanksgiving Live! may be over, but there’s more turkey talk on our Google+ Hangout. The conversation continues with Alton, Bobby, Giada and Ina, who are joined by Jeff Mauro, Sunny Anderson, Katie Lee and Marcela Valladolid. Post your questions on Google+ and watch the Hangout below.

YouTube Preview Image

Chatting with the Chopped Ultimate Champions: Amateurs, Part 2 Winner

For the first time on Chopped, professionals and amateur cooks will go head-to-head at the end of the five-part Ultimate Champions tournament. But the...

1. Crouton40 says:

Suggestion for Next Year's Thanksgiving:
    Only 3 people, not 4.
    Have Bobby Flay, Damaris Phillips and Ina Garten.
    If Ina won't come on, then:
    Bobby, Damaris and Tyler Florence.

2. Sue says:

Giada was an embarrassment to herself and the Food Network. Please do not ask her back. Maybe you could cancel her contract.

3. Shar says:

Boy, I guess we weren't alone in the huge Giada turn off! What a totally obnoxious woman, I felt sorry for the other chefs while she kept interrupting them. I lost all respect for Giada, really….. is throwing food, interrupting , cutting yourself, shoving her paper turkey in everybody's faces really why we tuned in? The diva needs to go.

• guest says:

Alton was worse. He jumped in about the butter he uses. He tries to take over and act like it's his show. That's why others interrupt. All that non-stop Iron Chef commentary has become practically genetic. And his wild hand gestures. And his fast-talking impatience. He would never coach someone new to be this way on camera, so why is he?

4. Jan Kissane says:

It was annoying and a complete turnoff to watch Giada and her obnoxious behavior. What the hell was bout eating with her hands and picking off others' plates!?? Even though Bobby Flay and Ina Garten are two of my favorite hosts, I will no longer be watching Giada's show. She pushed her childish behavior too far….time to go and make room for someone with some class!

5. G. Emori says:

I was saddened by the lack of response from the other members to Bobby’s suggestion that we remember to offer a prayer of thanks. At the signoff, however, everyone exulted “Happy Thanksgiving”. They missed what was most important. It is my simple belief that true happiness is not possible until there is gratitude. Bobby, thanks for remembering that this is a THANKSGIVING celebration.

• Dee McQuirk says:

Thank you G. Emori; no truer words ever spoken. Bobby Flay was spot on with his, "Let's take a moment " and Give Heartfelt Thanks to those who are less fortunate than we. Or just give Thanks for Family, Friends, and the abundance of Blessings and Food the majority of us enjoy. Thank you Bobby for your suggestion! Which, I do not believe the others picked up on! There is a reason for all your successes' Bobby; you are not ashamed to Thank the One who is responsible for them. God Bless those who serve this Nation. My Son In Law, is a Firefighter and will be on Duty Thanksgiving Day; so "I Salute" my precious Son In Law Brian Mathew Logsdon; for the dedication and commitment to serve others. Thank you!

6. Vic says:

I'd say that most of you people making comments here would be no fun to spend Thanksgiving with. Yes the show was hard to watch at times with everyone talking over each other, but at least we got to see these chefs in a spontaneous, unscripted environment. I know nobody in my kitchen has to raise their hand before speaking. Have a cocktail and loosen up people, it's only TV.

7. rmeyer says:

I tried to watch but Alton and Giada were so irritating! Keep it professional not childish. I felt like I was in the kitchen with my own two children. And what is up with all the glasses? Things have certainly changed on FN since Paula Deen.

8. joanna38 says:

I just watched this show and Giada was disgusting! She would spoon something on her plate and then go back and pick up some more with her fingers, put it in her mouth, lick her fingers and do it again over and over!!! She even took some food off of Alton's plate the same way and then again while sitting down at the table! Disgusting!
    If she was a guest in my home, uncomfortable, or not, I would set her straight.
    Learn some manners Giada…to go with your snooty attitude…yes you do have one.

9. Jodee Keysor says:

Wow… I will take another breath, and BE THANKFUL FOR INA. Thank you Ina, for your gentle, sincere spirit, love of food, talent galore, and for sharing your gifts with us. I am who I am in our kitchen, (and I think they kind of love me because they are two hungry guys) only because of you. Ina…thank you for being you…a most FABULOUS woman, and humble too. I really do love you. Jodee. (Reno,Nevada)

• Dee McQuirk says:

Yes Jodee, We were Thankful for Ina, she is an absolute "Love" and has so much Class, Expertise, and Professionalism. Ina, was so gracious to Giada, and she didn't have to be. My Mother always said "Class Shows: Ina is a natural, no Celebrity Ego there. Ina, is very soft spoken and therefore I hang on her every word. But with Big Mouth "Giada" Literally and Figuratively…Well maybe just "Literally" Ina, could scarce be heard. Yes please! Ina, Bobby and Alton Brown next year! No room for such obnoxious Ego's. and nobody cares about her Italiano heritage anymore, Enough already! I could never Stomach Giada's show! However, just like "Pearls" Ina Garten is Timeless! Bobby Flay is always a delight, very sincere! He is an Artist! and very Well Liked young man!

10. The Administrator says:

Some people should need a permit to post here. Make them be specific. It's amazing how much BS melts away fast that way. Don't just say Giada is childish. How, is she childish? Don't just say Alton was over the top. How, was he? And so on. The interrupting, that I agree was bad. Just remove both Alton and Giada, problem solved.

8 out of 10 of these haters are flinging words around like, annoying and childish but saying very little at all about how any one was. On top of that, today, it was back to everyone's regular show and things were much more smooth and professional. Just as I would expect from a more regular show. I would hate to be invited over to many of these haters' house for any holiday. I might put a wrinkle in their couch if I sit on it. If there are 2 salad forks on the table, I honestly don't even want to have to be concerned over which is which. I keep a clean house, have good hygiene and dress neatly but that much etiquette bores the daylights out of me. I wouldn't even go.