Pancakes or Waffles: Which Do You Prefer?

by in Food Network Magazine, November 15th, 2013

Pancakes or Waffles: Which Do You Prefer?Food Network Magazine wants to know which side you’re on. Vote in the poll below and tell FN Dish whether you prefer to nosh on pancakes or waffles.

How to Make Custom Cookie Butter

You can blend your own cookie butter in five minutes flat. ...

1. Duffy Daugherty says:

No pancakes or waffles. Gimme French Toast…..

2. Michael Hanzek says:

pancakes definitely pancakes

3. vickie says:

Pancakes for sure, no camping trip complete without them and how do you do waffles in the wild?

4. Janet Brunetta says:

I have to go with the French toast man and then it would be pancakes.

5. Cheryl Stanley says:

my first reaction is to say waffles, but then I thought aout my childhood. On Sundays, my mom would take a different pancake recipe and make it. I think the cookbook was the International Cookbook. She would mark if we loved , liked or disliked it. There were a lot more pancake recipes than waffle. That memory makes me think I like pancakes more. My favorite Apple Pancake, German Style – Appelschmarren.

6. Chris says:

Another vote for pancakes (or flapjacks, as we call 'em) Waffles are the Sunday highfalutin dish- always have a bad 1st waffle. Flapjacks are the down to earth, fix them on the camping trip with eggs and bacon, every day dish.

• Denna says:

My Dad always called them flapjacks to. I did to so my daughter knew what I was talking about. When we would stay with friends and the kids would get up I would ask them if they wanted flapjacks for breakfast. They would always go ask their Mom in a whisper, what are flapjacks? I would always get a kick out of doing that even when my daughter would have friends spend the night with her. I still call them flapjacks and my daughter said it brings back those memories when she was a kid. I told her me to.

7. Lisa says:

Waffles at home and pancakes when out in the wilderness. French toast when lazy.

8. Denna says:

Pancakes! My Father would go deer hunting every year and would make pan sausage that was mouth watering. So our special breakfast was pancakes with the pan sausage he made every year. Although I get very little deer sausage any more, just to sit down and have a great plate of homemade pancakes takes me back to those times in the kitchen with my Dad.