Introducing FoodNetwork.com’s Newest Feature: Recipe Box

by in Community, News, November 4th, 2013

My Recipe BoxWhen you’re perusing FoodNetwork.com‘s vast collection of recipes, you may very well come across towering cakes and comforting casseroles, simple soups and showstopping steaks, and centerpiece roast chickens and satisfying cookies — all in one visit. But with so many tasty how-tos for the taking, how are you to remember which recipes in particular you know you want to make, and how do you keep them organized? Enter FoodNetwork.com’s newest tool: Recipe Box.

It’s no longer necessary to print out page after page of recipes, then staple them together and stash them away in a drawer. With Recipe Box, not only can you sort your favorite recipes by dish, cuisine, meal type, menu, chef and more categories, but you also can create shopping lists based on any or all of your preferred recipes and access them from both Food Network’s website and your mobile phone.

The first step to creating your Recipe Box is registering to become a member of FoodNetwork.com. It’s free and easy to sign up, and the process — consisting of an email and password entry — takes mere moments; you can also register with your social media accounts, like Facebook or Google+. If you’re an existing member and you’ve already started collecting recipes in your Recipe Box, those saved recipes will have been moved to the new Recipe Box.

My Recipe BoxOnce you’ve created a profile and are signed in, simply click the Save to Recipe Box link on the side of any recipe. You can create customizable folders for themed recipes, like Thanksgiving-inspired eats, or just pool them in All My Recipes.

My Recipe BoxTo make the process of actually planning to cook these recipes simpler, you can add ingredients to your Shopping List, and from there tweak the list so that it doesn’t include ingredients you already have. You can also add miscellaneous goods — say, those needed for no recipe in particular — then email yourself the complete list to easily reference later.

My Recipe BoxBy hovering over any recipe in your recipe box, you have the option of putting its ingredients on your shopping list, adding the recipe to a folder, plus sharing, deleting or viewing the recipe.

My Recipe BoxIf you come across a must-save recipe on a site other than FoodNetwork.com, you can add it to your recipe box as well. After clicking on Add a Recipe from a Site, just copy and paste the URL into the field and select Import Page. You’ll be able to make notes about the recipe and save it to any of your folders.

With Thanksgiving less than a month away, it’s not too early to start planning your holiday feast. You can get a jump-start on menu development and make grocery shopping easier with the help of Recipe Box. Browse Thanksgiving Central, Food Network’s one-stop Turkey Day headquarters, for the ultimate in recipe inspiration, and start planning today.

History of the Belgian Waffle and Inside the Candy Egg Factory

All’s Fair in Love of Waffles: This month marks the 50th anniversary of the 1964 World’s Fair in Queens, New York. Did you know we can th...

1. Doug says:

The new recipe box is terrible.i can pull up the recipes but the instructions are missing .anyone no how to load the instructions.go back to the old one

2. R.Teeter says:

I agree with everyone who commented on the "New Recipe Box"
    I just wonder if anyone from Food Network actually reads these comments!
    I know that when Yahoo did a change and no one liked it, no one from the site ever answered any post.

3. Jo-Ann Langlois says:

I'm SO upset. Where are MY RECIPES?????!~!!!! All my personal recipes are in that recipe box and now a week from Thanksgiving, I go to pull them up and I can't open ANYTHING!!!!!! WTF food network people. FIX IT ———PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Ophe says:

Same issues. The buttons that look like they should be drop downs don't work at all, I can't get into my folders, and I HATE having to click "load more" to see more than the 6-9 most recent recipes that I added. What's the point of an "upgrade" like this? Where did you do your testing? Bugs are inevitable, but this doesn't work at all, isn't user friendly, and shouldn't have been published in this state.

And inserting ads/"featured" items into the lists? Shameful. I respect your right to make money off your website, but this makes it look as if you restructured it so that you could add more schmutz.

5. Vonne says:

I really hate the new box. I cant' find anything I am looking for. Please put it back like it was. I keep trying to use it but it is so frustrating. I have been a member for years.

6. Linda Lutz says:

I HATE this new recipe box. I now can't get into my recipe box at all, and when I try to click on "New Recipe Box" to join again because it tells me my recipes from the old box have been saved, nothing happens.
    HELP! I've lost all of my recipes and I am NOT a happy camper!
    Linda Lutz

7. Tim Ryan says:

This recipe box is a piece of crap! How do you find anything and if you are lucky enough, how do you print it without all of the stuff that they have included. I want the old "print recipe" function back!

8. Guest says:

I don't see an option on this new site version to even add a recipe to your 'recipe box'. I knew how to do it on the old site. I'm starting to think they forgot to include this detail when they made the new site. Please let me know if you figure it out.

9. AndyGrffn says:

There's no option to add new recipes to your recipe box on this new site…what happened??? Just now using the new site. Am I missing something or is that feature not available anymore???

10. maureen pagano says:

I have a recipe box including password. How do I access and retreive on new tablet?