Introducing FoodNetwork.com’s Newest Feature: Recipe Box

by in Community, News, November 4th, 2013

My Recipe BoxWhen you’re perusing FoodNetwork.com‘s vast collection of recipes, you may very well come across towering cakes and comforting casseroles, simple soups and showstopping steaks, and centerpiece roast chickens and satisfying cookies — all in one visit. But with so many tasty how-tos for the taking, how are you to remember which recipes in particular you know you want to make, and how do you keep them organized? Enter FoodNetwork.com’s newest tool: Recipe Box.

It’s no longer necessary to print out page after page of recipes, then staple them together and stash them away in a drawer. With Recipe Box, not only can you sort your favorite recipes by dish, cuisine, meal type, menu, chef and more categories, but you also can create shopping lists based on any or all of your preferred recipes and access them from both Food Network’s website and your mobile phone.

The first step to creating your Recipe Box is registering to become a member of FoodNetwork.com. It’s free and easy to sign up, and the process — consisting of an email and password entry — takes mere moments; you can also register with your social media accounts, like Facebook or Google+. If you’re an existing member and you’ve already started collecting recipes in your Recipe Box, those saved recipes will have been moved to the new Recipe Box.

My Recipe BoxOnce you’ve created a profile and are signed in, simply click the Save to Recipe Box link on the side of any recipe. You can create customizable folders for themed recipes, like Thanksgiving-inspired eats, or just pool them in All My Recipes.

My Recipe BoxTo make the process of actually planning to cook these recipes simpler, you can add ingredients to your Shopping List, and from there tweak the list so that it doesn’t include ingredients you already have. You can also add miscellaneous goods — say, those needed for no recipe in particular — then email yourself the complete list to easily reference later.

My Recipe BoxBy hovering over any recipe in your recipe box, you have the option of putting its ingredients on your shopping list, adding the recipe to a folder, plus sharing, deleting or viewing the recipe.

My Recipe BoxIf you come across a must-save recipe on a site other than FoodNetwork.com, you can add it to your recipe box as well. After clicking on Add a Recipe from a Site, just copy and paste the URL into the field and select Import Page. You’ll be able to make notes about the recipe and save it to any of your folders.

With Thanksgiving less than a month away, it’s not too early to start planning your holiday feast. You can get a jump-start on menu development and make grocery shopping easier with the help of Recipe Box. Browse Thanksgiving Central, Food Network’s one-stop Turkey Day headquarters, for the ultimate in recipe inspiration, and start planning today.

POLL: What’s Your Soup Preference?

Last week FN Dish revealed that The Kitchen is preparing for its first-ever episode dedicated to one of fall’s favorite comfort foods — soup ...

1. Terri Irwin says:

I have had my recipe box for years–now its printed over other things, can't see what it says. number is 7371505. Cant figure out how to use it now, The box comes up and I choose a folder and click it on, then on comes an empty box, cant post in it, can't get rid of it. please help!! The old way was much better and easier, and it wasnt printed over other printing like it is now. Help, please, I love FN and have been a member for years.

2. Terri Irwin says:

never saw a submit on last comment, please read it. thanks

3. khrystle-raine says:

Thank you Mr. Terri Irwin! I was going to sign up and see if this 'recipe box' was worth the paper it isn't printed on and your comment has confirmed for me, no, I think I will wait until they get it to work correctly before I subject myself to another "app" that doesn't perform as touted. ~khrys

4. Marcia Stanton says:

I have had a membership (11701365) for Recipe Box for years. I used it nearly daily. This summer I go on vacation and when I return my Recipe Box is no longer available. What did you do? I have loved your shows and recipes and saved some of the recipes to my Recipe Box, accessed them repeatedly for meal planning etc. Now, although I can see it on the screen in is covered with boxes of pictures that do not relate to what I have saved. I put a lot of time and effort into this, relying on the recipes being there when I need them, rather than having to look them up in a book somewhere. I am 78 years old, don't like surprises and change, I would just like MY Recipe Box back in usable state so I may us it as I have over the years. Or, at least give me instructions on HOW to get to it. I don't see the new form is much different than the last so why change it? I am very upset, or can you tell?

5. Kristina says:

I am so frustrated! I have had my recipe box for years and now nothing. All of the recipes I have saved over the years in "my recipe box" are gone? I'd much rather use the paper and print out my recipes than have my saved recipes erased. I hope that Food Network is working on fixing this issue, especially before Thanksgiving!!

6. kim says:

Does anyone know how to convert slow cooker recipes into regular recipes?

7. James P says:

I can't access my recipes either. Folders are there, but when I click on a folder, nothing happens. It will show 8 of my recipes, but not from the folder I selected. That's the problem with saving recipes on a commercial site. You're at their mercy. If they lose your recipte….too bad.

8. ken engelhard says:

This new recipe box is rotten. Please go back t th old box, It`s so much better!

9. Shannon says:

I hate the new recipe box. It won't let me open any of my folders. Please help food Network!

10. Mark Pennington says:

Food Network must have hired the same people who did the ObamaCare website to upgrade the Recipe Box. Now, I have to get the pull down out of the way to get to my folders and when I click on a folder, it may or may not respond and may of may not take me to the folder I wanted. If I'm luck enough to end up in the right folder, I have to load some recipes, click "Load More", wait for them to load, click "Load More", wait for them to load, etc. etc. etc.!!!If I open a recipe to check it out and click the Back arrow, it takes me back all the way then I have to get the pull down out of the way to get to my folders and when I click on a folder, I have to load some recipes, click "Load More", wait for them to load, click "Load More", wait for them to load, etc. etc. etc.!!! This happens EVERY TIME! Come on Food Network!! Your 'upgrade' is TERRIBLE!!

• Carol Heidelmark says:

This is the same problem I'm having. You can't search "my recipe box". The only way to find a recipe is to go through them one at a time. So if I'm cooking a couple different things and I click on a recipe, I have to go all the way back to the first recipe again. UUUGGGGGHHHH I hate it.