How to Make Savory Monkey Bread

by in Food Network Magazine, November 2nd, 2013

savory monkey breadInstead of passing the breadbasket on Thanksgiving, serve this fun pull-apart loaf: Brush a tube pan with olive oil and put four or five toppings in small bowls (we used shredded cheddar, paprika, chopped dill, parsley and almonds). Form refrigerated breadstick dough into small balls (you’ll need three 11-ounce tubes), then roll each ball in a topping. Arrange the balls in the pan, drizzling with olive oil between layers. Drizzle with more olive oil and bake at 350 degrees F until golden, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan before serving.

You can assemble the bread in the morning: Just cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Uncover and bake while your turkey rests.

(Photograph by Kang Kim)

Which Is Better: Chocolate Fondue or Cheese Fondue?

It’s impossible to go wrong with fondue. You can go the savory route and dunk chunks of bread into a bowl of thick and velvety melted cheese, or...

1. Tally girl says:

I am definitely trying this for Thanksgiving. Looks so yummy and you can have different flavors.

2. Samantha says:

I am a really big fan of Foccacia Bread. For my toppings i would use Italian seasoning, Shred Cheese, Paprikaand rosemary, maybe a garlic butter too mmmm and of course the olive oil… cant have bread without olive oil…

3. Teresa says:

Do you have to use refrigerated dough? I have a recipe for rolls with cheese inside that I would like to use. I would love some feedback if you think it would work.

4. grh says:

what size should the balls be? 1 'breadstick' = 1 ball?

5. arlla says:

I could wear that as a necklace. :) Just sayin…

6. Scott says:

Fresh or dried parsley and dill?

7. Mark says:

How can I add this to my Recipe Box? I can't find it on food.com.

8. Suzette says:

How can this be added to my Food Network recipe box? Please help. What if you can't find breadstick dough can you use the smaller dinner rolls?

9. Katie says:

Can you use a bundt pan instead of a tube pan?