- Comments (39)
No matter if you’ll be brining your turkey or deep-frying it, whipping sweet potatoes or smashing golden spuds, stuffing the bird or serving the dressing alongside it, one thing is certain about your Thanksgiving spread: There will indeed be dessert. This year, in addition to the classic apple pie and pumpkin cheesecake, serve a mix of creative, crowd-pleasing treats, like Sunny’s mini pumpkin pies, Giada’s turkey-decorated cookies and Alton’s deliciously tart lemon pie. Check out Food Network’s top-five Thanksgiving desserts below to find recipes for these family-friendly picks, plus more sweet inspiration for your Turkey Day feast.
5. Mini Pecan Pumpkin Pies — Use tiny muffin tins to shape pecan-studded dough into sweet cups, then fill them with a mixture of pumpkin and vanilla, and finish each with a pecan for an extra-special presentation.
4. Thanksgiving Turkeys — Giada starts with store-bought cream-filled sandwich cookies to make these kid-approved cookies, decorated with seasonal candies and colored frosting to transform them into turkey look-alikes.
3. Traditional Pumpkin Pie — Flavored with a trio of fall spices — cinnamon, ginger and cloves —creamy pumpkin pie filling is baked inside a flaky crust, which comes together quickly and simply, thanks to the food processor, for tried-and-true results.
2. Sweet Potato Pie — A combination of mashed sweet potatoes, rich heavy cream and brown sugar, plus fragrant spices, is quickly baked inside a buttery shell to create a fuss-free pie in only 40 minutes.
1. Lemon Meringue Pie — After the indulgent Thanksgiving feast, guests will be happy to dig into a cool slice of Alton’s all-star lemon pie, laced with fresh citrus juice and topped with light, fluffy meringue. Click the play button on the video below to watch him make it.