When it comes to transforming America’s failing restaurants on Restaurant: Impossible and giving them a second chance at future success, fans know that Robert Irvine is all business, dedicated to teaching owners how to turn their eateries into profitable productions. And each week on Restaurant Express, you see him challenging restaurant hopefuls to survive the ultimate seven-week culinary road trip. But just recently, Robert invited fans to get to know him beyond television and divulged insider details about seemingly all aspects of his life. In an #AskIrvine Twitter chat, Robert revealed his favorite meal, deserted island must-have, packing preferences when traveling, secret to achieving bulging biceps and more. Read on below to get caught up on the highlights and learn 10 little-known facts about this longtime chef and professional restaurateur.
1. Even though he’s in tiptop shape, Robert admits, “I believe every meal should end with something sweet.”
2. When asked what single food he would bring with him on a deserted island, he answered: “Water. You can’t live without it.”
3. “I love Stella and Heineken,” Robert admits of his favorite beers.
4. For more than 10 years, Robert was a member of the British Navy.
5. Robert has been cooking since he was 11 years old.
6. There are “18 months between us all,” Robert says of his siblings, which include “one brother and two sisters.”
7. How has Robert achieved his famously big muscles? “I lift low weights [at] high reps,” he explains.
8. Robert counts “roasted chicken and mashed potatoes” as his most-beloved meal.
9. “I work out to blow off steam,” Robert admits.
10. Due to his wildly busy travel and work schedule, Robert says he spends “345 days a year on the road.”
- Hannah Hart Hits the Road for a Tasty Cross-Country Trip in New Food Network Series I Hart Food
- Chatting with Natalie Sideserf, a Star of the New Series Texas Cake House
- Alex Guarnaschelli on the Secret to Iron Chef Success, the Mistakes She Won’t Forgive and a Certain Risotto by Bobby Flay
- Exclusive: Giada’s Rundown of Battle Octopus on Iron Chef Gauntlet