Calling All Home Cooks: Are You America’s Best Amateur Chef?

by in Community, Shows, October 9th, 2013

Now Casting for a New Food Network ShowThere’s one in seemingly every family: That guy or gal who’s known unofficially as the “chef” and is constantly called upon to bake relatives’ birthday cakes, cater impromptu gatherings, host holiday suppers and bring the featured recipe to a potluck. They’re passionate about spending time in the kitchen, look forward to experimenting with new recipes, flavors and ingredients, and they’re unapologetic Food Network fanatics. If this sounds like you, then Food Network wants to hear from you.

The network is currently casting for a brand-new upcoming series that will show off the cooking chops of amateur chefs from around the country. But to be successful on the new show, it won’t be enough to simply follow a recipe. Home cooks must work alongside favorite Food Network stars, and together these regional teams will face off against one another in a series of fierce culinary competitions. At the end of the contest, a single amateur chef will ultimately be named America’s best home cook, earning coast-to-coast bragging rights and a generous cash prize.

There are two ways to apply for the show:

1. Send an email. To be considered, please include your city and state in the subject line of the email. In the body, please include your name, phone number and current occupation, plus a description of your cooking skills, a recent photo, a few photos of dishes you have created and an explanation of why you think you have what it takes to win.

2. Attend an open casting call at one the below locations. To be considered, please bring with you a prepared savory dish.

Chicago

Details TBD

Tags:

Do You Know Your Knives? [INFOGRAPHIC]

...

1. Jenn says:

Hi
    Why is my recipe box not working? I keep getting an error message. Thanks

2. Crouton40 says:

How kewl! Happy to see this.
    Speaking for myself, I would love to see some competition where none of the contenders, not even one, ever owned a restaurant, or went to Cordon Bleu, or studied under any famous Chef at any 5-Star Resort Hotel, who has never been on Chopped, Top Chef or Iron Chef–and who never cooked anywhere outside the USA, ever. Just sayin'.

Where no one can "out-credential" anyone else. It's each one's self-taught raw kitchen-skill or gifted knack (not prestige-status) against the others. Wish they would do one season of Food Network Star like that, where all 12 are more even to start with. This should be a good series. Will enjoy watching. :)

3. @SherriOhler says:

So excited about this! Can't wait for Saturday in Chicago! :)

4. Deborah says:

SO EXCITING! I love competition cooking shows and I'm so excited for one for people like me, home cooks!!!

5. Mark says:

Nothing near Florida… shucks. Not even Atlanta?? Leaving out the Southern Chefs?

6. @jeanius523 says:

So sad I missed the casting call in Chicago, so close to home!!! I wish I could get this email link to work :(

7. Brent S. says:

Brent from Philadelphia home cook coming to NYC this Saturday to take a shot! Let's hope the old man can put up something cool! Conditions are tough for an open call but gonna bring all I have. Hope I make it and you all become fans!

8. In Montana; did a short interview with LA over the phone, sent application, a horrible video by friend, and another better video
    and got told next thing is a skype interview but never heard back. Give UP? I CAN'T!

9. Jeanne says:

Does anyone know when the deadline is for applying to the America's Best Home Cook Show? Also, is the Casting CO. going to any cities in November?

10. eleni gregoriou says:

im so upset i missed the casting call in new york city .. i am from long island new york .. does anyone know when the deadline is .. to try to enter.. this would be perfect for me .. alote of people luv my dishes and always ask me for my recipes.. i always watch the food network .. it will be really great for me if i could at least try to enter!!!