Worst Cooks in America Is Looking for the Worst of the Worst

by in Shows, September 11th, 2013

Worst CooksDo you think you’re one of the worst cooks in America? Do your friends and family tell you so? If you’re the kind of home cook who scorches even water, then the producers of Worst Cooks in America want to hear from you.

Apply now to be on Season 5 of the show. If your cooking skills and culinary knowledge — or lack thereof — are so bad that you get chosen as a finalist, you’ll get the chance to be mentored in Boot Camp-style cooking challenges. Who knows? You may even come out the winner — and a better cook for it. And you’ll have the opportunity to show the world that there is success even after many, many failures in the kitchen.

Apply here to be on the show

Try a Hearty Breakfast-Inspired Skillet for Dinner Tonight

On this week’s Chopped Dinner Challenge, the chefs of Food Network Kitchen chose to feature the basket ingredient turnips. In order to create a ...

1. Grace says:

There making a season 5?! Well this should be interesting…….Wonder wich chefs are mentoring bad chefs this time.

2. Betsy says:

I would suggest that FN look at their roster of celebrity chefs as contestants. I'm thinking that the Pioneer Womsn would be perfect for this show. Seriously. Her "recipes" are awful.

3. Sera says:

Look no further than your own Ree Drummond, FN! She has plenty of material for you to choose from: reusing meat marinade (that wasn't cooked), dragging sleeves through food, cross-contamination from not washing hands, making rouxs with twice as much butter…not to mention her recipes are just plain terrible.

4. Ari says:

You've already signed a contract with one of them, ree Drummond. Her hygiene habits are atrocious and her re-using of uncooked marinade is downright dangerous. Her recipes are just plain wrong – incorrect amounts are provided.

5. Erin says:

Another vote for Ree Drummond, not many people could completely obliterate a plagiarized recipe like she can, also the recipes she "tweaks" turn out terrible, are laden with fat (probably to disguise the taste) and she has no concept of hygiene. I am sure she could (and needs to) learn a lot I mean she can't become a worse cook.

6. Dina says:

FN, you really need to do a Where Are They Now with your past contestants! I'm just watching a rerun today and I realize that this isn't the first time I've wondered what Jenny Cross was up to, wondering if the contestants maybe found a new passion! Please consider it!

7. Julie says:

I'm just now watching Season 4 online and I cannot believe they have that idiot "reality-pro" Alex on. that guy has been on practically every reality show possible. Do you realize how you totally demeaned your show by including him in your roster? The guy is an idiot and an attention whore.

8. Diane says:

I simply love this entertaining show. Each participant is a joy to watch and it's very disappointing to see any eliminated from the competition. Could there be another scoring system to the competition that would keep these great ''want to be cooks' in the competition longer?

9. Tawanna Austin says:

Wow, guys really? If you don't like her receipes, don't watch her show. I think most of her receipes are pretty good. I will agree with one thing. Her kids be out on the ranch all day, then they come in and start to eat right away, without washing their hands. But otherwise, I think she's ok.